Hi, so I used windows all the way up to around 2010 when I decided I wanted a change and glad I did when I saw windows 8.

I bought myself a MacBook Pro and have been using it ever since.

I have been keeping a close eye on windows 10 and now it's only round the corner I'm starting to consider ditching my MacBook Pro and getting a new laptop with windows 10.

Is any one else in the same boat?
    07-21-2015 08:34 AM
    Welcome back.
    07-21-2015 08:58 AM
    Hello,

I am considering it. I am using Windows 10 through bootcamp on my MacBook Pro and iMac. Its not that I have any problem with OSX as it has run pretty well for me, I just like to change things around now and again. At this point I am on the fence which way I will go.

-Sam
    08-02-2015 05:08 AM
    I'm still up for the change, I'm thinking about the surface pro 4 now
    10-14-2015 06:40 AM
    I've done it. Bought a Mac mini about 3 years ago after my windows 7 laptop went south. It's been good, nothing magical or extra special IMO, but with the Xbox One I decided to look at windows again, mainly for the game streaming capability, which works great. Picked up a Surface 3, updated to W10 and that's all I've been using lately. The Mac still gets a bit of use, but I am considering selling it and getting a decent Windows PC again. I know I can use bootcamp or parallels, but I want something with some balls so I can stream the Xbox and play games when the TV is being used by the family. The Surface streams well, but the screen is a bit too small for my liking when used that way.
    10-14-2015 03:42 PM
    I use a Mac at work but I've never felt as comfortable with it as I have with Windows 7/10.
    10-14-2015 03:50 PM
    I've done it. Bought a Mac mini about 3 years ago after my windows 7 laptop went south. It's been good, nothing magical or extra special IMO, but with the Xbox One I decided to look at windows again, mainly for the game streaming capability, which works great. Picked up a Surface 3, updated to W10 and that's all I've been using lately. The Mac still gets a bit of use, but I am considering selling it and getting a decent Windows PC again. I know I can use bootcamp or parallels, but I want something with some balls so I can stream the Xbox and play games when the TV is being used by the family. The Surface streams well, but the screen is a bit too small for my liking when used that way.
    I have win 10 via boot camp but it doesn't feel how it should.

What surface is it you have a pro or the surface 3 with atom cpu??
    10-15-2015 01:49 AM
    I have win 10 via boot camp but it doesn't feel how it should.

What surface is it you have a pro or the surface 3 with atom cpu??
    Mine is just the Surface 3. Went for a cheaper option to see how it was and how I felt about it and the OS. I like it a lot. Maybe in the next 6-12 months I might look at a Pro 4, or even wait for it's successor and get one of those. No problem with the 3 that I've come across so far, but for game streaming from the Xbox I'd like a bigger screen. I might try a display port to HDMI cable and connect it to my spare 27" monitor. I thought about the HDMI adapter, but going wireless to the Xbox and monitor might be too much and cause lag and jitter with the streaming.
    10-15-2015 04:26 PM
    Mine is just the Surface 3. Went for a cheaper option to see how it was and how I felt about it and the OS. I like it a lot. Maybe in the next 6-12 months I might look at a Pro 4, or even wait for it's successor and get one of those. No problem with the 3 that I've come across so far, but for game streaming from the Xbox I'd like a bigger screen. I might try a display port to HDMI cable and connect it to my spare 27" monitor. I thought about the HDMI adapter, but going wireless to the Xbox and monitor might be too much and cause lag and jitter with the streaming.

Been looking at the surface 3 for the misses as an iPad and laptop replacement. Would you say the surface 3 is good for that she uses her iPad for general stuff and the laptop only comes out for office stuff.

As far as me it's either a replacement for the Mac and iPad with the pro 3 or grab a dell XPS and keep the iPad.

Still not sure what to do

Grab a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adapter and plug wired
    10-16-2015 02:02 AM
    I mostly have. Bought a Surface Pro 3 and now use it for almost everything. Just seems more modern, whereas OSX and iOS seem dated and ugly. Just need to find a good WYSIWYG web design app and Invoicing/Billing and I'd be completely on the Surface
    Last edited by d1stort1on; 10-16-2015 at 06:58 AM.
    10-16-2015 04:30 AM
    Just need to find a goodWYSIWYG web design app and Invoicing/Billing and I'd be completely on the Surface
    There's still copies of Microsoft Frontpage (.exe) floating about if you know where to look. Has web preview / code split screen with drag drop features similar to Word. A little old now but can still work with a few tweaks for HTML5. Also check out ProductHunt search there's been several new web based WYSIWYG editors launched this Summer.
    10-16-2015 04:37 AM