Windows Hello Facial Recognition working!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Got my Intel RealSense developer camera today. After troubleshooting a few install bugs, I finally got it working and I must say, it works like a charm!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I bought mine a couple days ago and is scheduled to arrive today. But I wont have Win10 until next week. I'm one of the few that wanted to save the excitement for it's official launch lol.

So I'm curious, aside from the Windows Hello feature does it work as a normal webcam? Can you make Skype calls and all the usual things with it as well? I assume so but not entirely sure. I'd like to think I'm getting more value for a webcam than just unlocking my PC. I'm sure we'll be able to do even more with it once devs start using the SDK to develop some apps and games.

By the way, what kind of issues did you experience when trying to install it? Because I might encounter the same things.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You can but I chose to keep both up. I found the 3d image to not look as good over Skype as my standard webcam.
Most of the installation issues were with the 3.0 hub I was using from Tripplite. It wouldn't install properly in Windows 10. Once I replaced it, it was fine. The camera MUST have a USB 3.0 port. You also need to download and install the realsense camera manager.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Good to know! My existing webcam is a 5+ yr old 720p camera so I had to assume the realsense camera would be better but guess I'll have to see. What did you mean by 3d image? Does it not display images as a normal webcam? And great tip on the USB 3.0 port. I believe I have 2 behind my tower so I'll have to see what's being used. Thanks!!

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had the camera a couple of months now, but only been able to use it with this recent build of windows - it's not bad, but I don't think the actual camera quality is as good as my logitech one, which is a shame

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon