Photos app is a joke

yves707

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe how basic the photo app still is. You still don't even have a folder view. It is damn slow and constantly crashes and doesn't show all pictures. we are one week away from launch of Win 10 and Microsoft still delivers this crappy piece of software. It's unbelievable! What have they done in all the last months?! There was hardly any progress at all! Don't they have enough man-power for this? Even a one-man app-developer should get a better photo app within 2 months! No explanation for this. And please better don't compare this to the offers on any other platform out there...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about mobile or desktop?

Desktop is next week. Mobile is later this year.

Also, I wouldn't go by the builds as a means of judging anything. They're probably way behind.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to the Windows 10 for PC, I don't have a problem with 9,473 files in 165 folders for a total of over 18 GB.

yves707

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to the Windows 10 for PC, I don't have a problem with 9,473 files in 165 folders for a total of over 18 GB.

good for you. but the app doesn't even support folders. have you ever seen e.g. iphoto? a you rellay trying to tell me that microsoft is supposed to be "feature complete" in any way? or elegant or special? fun to use? it's just plain basic and unfinished, sorry....

yves707

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about mobile or desktop?

Desktop is next week. Mobile is later this year.

Also, I wouldn't go by the builds as a means of judging anything. They're probably way behind.

I'm talking about both. As universal apps they are basically the same. Or do you see any major difference? And desktop is just a few days away...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
good for you. but the app doesn't even support folders. have you ever seen e.g. iphoto? a you rellay trying to tell me that microsoft is supposed to be "feature complete" in any way? or elegant or special? fun to use? it's just plain basic and unfinished, sorry....
I'm saying what I said, I didn't mention anything about feature complete although the built in editor is pretty good also.

It works for me, with that volume of files. So don't be sorry, we have different needs.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck