The Windows 10 "I'm Installing" Thread

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So I was going to use an ISO from MSDN, but as it turns out I am out of DVDs (had one, but it was scratched and wouldn't work). So I redownloaded using the tool from insider.windows.com, creating the jump drive. I wanted a clean install, so I tried a reset in Win8 on my SP3, and it couldn't do the reset.

I upgraded to Win10, and then did a reset, expecting it to go back to a fresh install of Win10, but no. It went back to 8.1. So now I'm running the Win10 upgrade again (right now downloading the updates). Ugh.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried to do a clean install with the USB stick I created with the MS Tool, but it won't accept my product key. I purchased Windows 8.1 last year. I have to wait until MS tech support office opens in an hour to figure out what the problem is.

Edit: Never mind, I see I have to reinstall Windows 8.1 and then upgrade and then do a clean install. Thanks Microsoft. /s

Be ready for issues still. I called MS and they informed me that there is an outage with the licensing servers, so even after doing the update and install, you may still be seeing that Windows 10 is not activated. they told me to sit tight and wait for 24-48hrs and the licensing should resolve its self.

elcoxx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When is going to be available the official ISO of 10240 for Insiders? I can't find it out in Microsoft site yet. I already have 10240 but I want to do a clean install.

musicnews_jlo

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the upgrading windows screen, your PC will restart several times. Sit back and relax, I'm scared the black screen will come because so many people have reported it

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Should I be concerned that the set up screen and associated dialogue is kinda stretched out..? like the resolution needs sorted..? its slightly fuzzy too. The laptop is a 2009 Acer Aspire 5738. W8.1 was pretty sharp on it though not 'HD' by modern standards...

musicnews_jlo

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
This is so annoying I was on the last page of installation and my battery died and I didn't know and when I turned it back on it returned to 8.1 and i have to star over again great....

joeragan

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Just finished upgrading Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro using ISO image downloaded via Media Creation Tool from Insider Program. Initially the windows activation failed because the generic product key -3V66T still recorded but after restarted the laptop I see the product key has been changed and I was able to activate it.

First impression, Windows 10 Pro feels quite heavy especially after a reboot. It takes maybe around 5-6 minutes before all icons in the desktop are fully displaye and I can use my mouse.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm done trying to force update.

I will just wait for Microsoft to hand it over to me like a kid in a candy store. No more begging. I need my good night sleep.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Not sure I'm going to continue either, don't think OTA was the best choice as my last two machines had their installs fail during the setup process with retries doing the same, downloaded fine from what I could tell, useless information was provided as to why.

luizioc

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Did someone got the update on Dell Venue 8 Pro?

Anyone in Brasil get the update?

Still no sign on my WIndows 10 Desktop with insider 10240 and my Dell V8 Proo with reservation.

Waiting.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Insiders that want a clean install have to use the "Reset My PC" tool in Settings. Doing it any other way will result in getting an un-activated version of Windows 10

elcoxx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Insiders that want a clean install have to use the "Reset My PC" tool in Settings. Doing it any other way will result in getting an un-activated version of Windows 10

​Yeah but I think this is temporary until Microsoft reopen the Insider program and provides Insider ISOs on its site again.

anon(9333603)

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I really want to install Windows 10 right away and get it over but so far No Windows 10 for me. The whole rollout in waves kill the excitement for me. Hopefully after July 29 I get it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes