OEM restore partition, option to delete when installing win10 or not?

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
So my laptop has a 128GB SSD with a dedicated 7.5GB partition for restore (leaving about 120GB for main c drive) When midnight rolls around here in the US will I be given the option to remove that 7.5GB of wasted space on my HD (since with win10 restore a separate partition is no longer needed for restore and I will never be going back to win8.1) or will I always just have this 7.5GB of my HD tied up and I can never use it with win10?

Hoping someone in a timezone ahead of me knows the answer to this from experience on installing win10 final.

Thanks!

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
You can always delete manually if you don't want it. With Win 10 you'll be able to clean install with a fresh ISO anyways so I would dump it..

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
You can always delete manually if you don't want it. With Win 10 you'll be able to clean install with a fresh ISO anyways so I would dump it..

I understand I can manually delete that partition but then I need a way to merge it back into my main c partition, which as far as I know can only be done upon install from a USB with an iso and I don't have a win10 iso or win10 key, so I was hoping it could be done from the midnight upgrade by giving the option upon install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234