Different Windows version

mestari

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey!
I had windows 8.1 home before insider program. Now I'm on build 10130 with enterprise insider. Can i use the ISO to install windows 10 home, or did i screw this up by trying enterprise insider?

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
It didn't accept my windows 8.1 key... Any suggestions? I found the 8.1 key with command prompt (admin)

is copy from this forum thanks go to owner of this info.
his is what you need to do if you have computer from OEMs (Dell, HP, etc.) with preinstalled Windows :

1. Downlaod ISO and burn it to DVD.

2. Restart Windows and go to Motherboard Setup (BIOS). Or press F12 to get option boot.

3. Inside BIOS in boot section select your DVD Drive as first device to boot your system. Save and Exit.

4. Windows 10 installation begins from DVD and will ask you for Product Key and you need to click on Skip. (I tried my 8.1 Product Key but didn't accept it.)

5. Windows will finish installation and after restart once again ask you for Product Key. Click on Skip again and let it finish installtion.

6. After installation is done you will see Welcome page and asking you to sign in.

7. After signing in and go through usual setting process you will be in desktop.

8. You Windows 10 already activated and you can start to use your brand new Windows 10 (Clean Install).

9. Most of latest drivers already installed but you might still need to download latest drivers for some of your components.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but it does seem plausible to me that using the enterprise version would screw this up.

MS will not have associated your W10 enterprise installation with your W8.x Home license key. MS would however have associated a W10 Home installation with your W8.x Home license key. Such an association must exist in the cloud for MS to activate a W10 clean install.

I'm not sure that you're out of luck, but I think you might be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)