Visit site
Install fails with...
Norton Security Suite
Error: 3039, 65553
Windows 10 Home
10240.16393.amd64fre.th1_st1.150717-1719
Norton Autofix Results: 1 item(s)
Installation :: Failed
Have tried uninstall, re-install, same. Tried contacting Norton support they told me to uninstall and remove all Norton directories, which the uninstall does anyways, and re-install, same thing.
Anyone having these issues?

Thanks

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
After following Norton support to uninstall and re-install again, it really crashed, leaving my computer in a state on not been able to access the Internet as it was being blocked by Norton. Was able to un-install using the Windows Program features, and I can access the internet again. What a nightmare! Norton people suggest doing the same uninstall and redo. Maybe they think that 10 times is a charm!!!

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
So after wasting all day with this issue, I found out that the version I have is NOT compatible with Windows 10. Even though I gave the version number to Norton support several times, I found a blog listing the correct version... (22.5.2.15 for Windows 10 Compatibility)
So then I contacted Xfinity support who supply the Norton version and their response was...

Kimberly: I totally understand the importance of having a secured device. Currently, it supports Windows 8 and 8.1. I apologize for the inconveniences. You will receive a notification via email once this is available for download on Windows 10. I will make sure to pass this issue to our higher fix team to follow up adding compatible operating system to download Norton.

Amazing!!! 2 chats with Norton, 2 with Xfinity and no one checks the compatibility for the version until I find the blog...

So if you use Xfinity with Norton, know that a Windows 10 upgrade will leave you with no AV...

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have Norton 360 and I simply turned it off prior to the install. So far, things seem to be working properly. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
The issue is with the xfinity/Comcast Norton version. Of course Comcast is always behind. Looking in their business and residential support forums now there are lots of posts about this issue. Norton does have a Windows 10 compatible version. Comcast has not done their part in getting it ready for their customers. So now the wait starts.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The issue is with the xfinity/Comcast Norton version. Of course Comcast is always behind. Looking in their business and residential support forums now there are lots of posts about this issue. Norton does have a Windows 10 compatible version. Comcast has not done their part in getting it ready for their customers. So now the wait starts.

That stinks. Hope it comes together soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3