No start menu?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So I have a little Windows button, but when I click it, nothing happens. No menu, nothing. When I right click I get options, but that's sad. Anyone else? Also, I have a folder for onedrive, that points to god-knows-what. I have a onedrive, been using it for year. How do I change it so it points to MY account?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I fixed it. But it was not easy and it doesn't really answer why it didn't work in the first place. I reverted back to 7 and re-upgraded to 10. I noticed the ability to revert back to 7 when I was monkeying around with the settings last night. The reversion was actually quite easy, took about 15 minutes, if even that long. I then used the MS Media Creation tool to upgrade and that took about 40 or so minutes. Start menu was there and ready to go! Now I just have to fix the other 200 bugs and irritations.

Camerc

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Would like to try reverting to old OS as well but the settings recovery option tells me the files needed have been deleted and it can't!

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Would like to try reverting to old OS as well but the settings recovery option tells me the files needed have been deleted and it can't!

I like how MS consistently adds 'great new features' that flat out don't work. If it doesn't work, how is it a 'great new feature'? I was glad it worked for me and I was wildly shocked a) that it existed AT ALL and b) that it was so quick. I seriously think I was back to 7 in under 20 mins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes