Why is Windows 10 causing my laptop to freeze upon closing?

dhitchen99999

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
This fix seems to have worked for me.

Bring up device manager
Expand System Devices
Right click Intel Management Agent Interface and select properties
Click the Power Management tab
Deselect "Allow the computer to switch off this device to save power"
Then hit ok.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Could be a combination of factors. I'e tried another clean install, and it seemed to be working well, but then the dreaded freeze reappeared after I reinstalled several common programs (Skype, Office, HP Support Assistant, etc). I've tried dhitchen99999's suggestion and it made no difference (by itself). But also turning off write caching on the SSD seems to be OK so far. I'll keep on troubleshooting and will report back.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
My problem is now solved, thanks to a firmware update. But here's the thing - Neither HP's support website nor its updater software listed it as available under Windows 10. Change the OS setting on the website to Windows 8.1 and - hey presto - there it is.

Woodstockius

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
My problem is now solved, thanks to a firmware update. But here's the thing - Neither HP's support website nor its updater software listed it as available under Windows 10. Change the OS setting on the website to Windows 8.1 and - hey presto - there it is.

Can you advise which update it is? There are quite a few in there, thanks.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Sure. In my case, it's an HP Pavilion 15-p009ng Notebook PC. The HP software and driver download page for this model is here: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP? Customer Support

Note that no BIOS is offered when Windows 10 is selected as OS. Change it to Windows 8.1 or 7, and two BIOS updates appear:

HP Notebook System BIOS Update F.42 Rev.A and HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) F.07

I installed the appropriate one (in my case, the former - I was already on F.42) and the problem was fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010