How can I fix the Display and Screen Resolution, it has messed up since the Windows 10 update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just updated from my windows 7 desktop. For some odd reason the highest display I have is 1600 X 1200 which doesn't fit my screen at all.. It use to be 1920 x 1080 how do I fix this?

Melanie Hudgens

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: The Display and Screen Resolution is all messed up on windows 10 update please help

I don't know if this will help you but my son was having the same issue and rebooted twice and it fixed itself. He has dual monitors and it wasn't recognizing the second monitor and everything was out of proportion.

Bob Jamison

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: The Display and Screen Resolution is all messed up on windows 10 update please help

It seems to be a problem with nvidia display drivers. I have the same problem as there are no windows 10 drivers available for mine but windows 10 installed a generic driver and instead of the 1600x900 resolution I need for my monitor, the best I can get is 1280x1024. I think there will be a work around on this, but it may take time.

klingon96

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 has caused certain games not to play or show poor graphics such as Bus Driver,City Life 2008,Sim City Societies,Bus Simulator ,and no doubtothers such as Truck Simulator,Farming Simulator.Cant do Need for Speed or other racing games either. When upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 it couldnt play Ford Racing now windows 10 has buggered up most of my other games.Wont accept screen res,Haven got back up discs for Windows 8 so cant revert.In fact XP was the best and would like to revert to this!Also Outlook no longer cuts and pastes text like the old Hotmail used to which is irritating

Rae2022

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and it really bugged me. For me, the whole screen was pixilated and it was a small screen. So what I did which helped A LOT was I went to settings, then system, then display, and if you scroll down then you will see Advanced Display Settings. If you click on that you can click on the resolution that you want. I recommend 2160 x 1440.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans