Windows DVD Player Never Downloaded

VAVA Mk2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else who upgraded never get the download when upgrading? I feel gipped. I will admit I have VLC and can use that for free... but MS promised me a free DVD player app and I never got it. :(

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you have a licensed version of Windows Media Center installed when you upgraded? If so, it's supposed to come in a Windows Update afterwards. If you did not have Windows Media Center, then the DVD software won't install. Likewise, if you upgraded with Media Center, but then performed a clean install or reset - you won't get the DVD player.

VAVA Mk2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
One of the two older laptops had Home Premium with Media Center. I suppose that one will get it in a later update. Oh well. I can use VLC just fine if I every play a DVD on my good laptop. Rarely play DVDs on a laptop now anyways.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
You will eventually get it. I just check mine today and it has been installed. Not the day the app was announced on windowscentral.com.

Iam Gray

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
At 1st, I was excited to get it (WMC Adopter). But when I to play DVD (ISO file), the app/movie doesn't run smoothly, skipping (jumping - something like that) every 5 minute. I try MPC, it's fine.
WMC never has problem with DVD file (both disc and ISO).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro