Swiping from edge no longer works after 8/05/15 update

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been unable to find a way around this, but since updating to the 8/05 Win 10 update, I've lost the Action Center (Swipe from right edge) and open programs (Swipe from left edge) gestures on my Surface Pro 2. I've uninstalled the update and regained the gestures, but once it installs again, the same issue presents again. Any ideas? I haven't found a place to enable/disable gestures like these, so please inform me if I'm missing it. This is repeatable each time I uninstall and reinstall the update.
Thanks.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Just installed the latest cumulative update (8/11), after removing the first one, and same result. I've noticed it's not just the left and right, but popping down the menu on some apps from the top is gone too. I assume from the lack of response that no one else has come across this, so any ideas?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same problem with the Logitech T650 touch pad. It's been like that since W10 release. It seems like a case of the MS people not working with the hardware and peripheral people closely enough, resulting in a sample of the issues caused when Vista was released without proper hardware support and the drivers in a half ready state. The Intel Platform Drivers package hasn't been updated to W10 yet for many tablets either, which knackers touch. Even the MS Surface tablets are getting these issues, and you'd think they'd talk to their own MS hardware people.

Does seem to be largely touch devices that are getting the finger though. I fear we have to expect an increasing amount of this type of thing as the Windows touch UI moves further down the depreciation path. MS want you to use mouse and keyboard, and the usual strategy is to make the alternative increasingly difficult to use until they reduce the customer use to the point they can drop the feature entirely. See WP7, Zune, Media Centre etc. for the standard MS approach.

They'll probably get the edge swipes working at some point (though it'll hardly be a priority), but expect regular issues if you insist on sticking with using bits of Windows that MS don't deem fashionable any more. It is an experience many of us are used to.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've just started having a problem of not being able to open the Action Center. Either by swiping from the right, or by clicking/touching the Action Center icon on the start bar. This started happening within the past week. Swiping from the left and top work fine.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been unable to find a way around this, but since updating to the 8/05 Win 10 update, I've lost the Action Center (Swipe from right edge) and open programs (Swipe from left edge) gestures on my Surface Pro 2. I've uninstalled the update and regained the gestures, but once it installs again, the same issue presents again. Any ideas? I haven't found a place to enable/disable gestures like these, so please inform me if I'm missing it. This is repeatable each time I uninstall and reinstall the update.
Thanks.

Weird, i have sp2 too but not this issue.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Might be dumb, but I think this might happen to be something with the build I got for my SP2. I got it a couple days after release, and I believe it had a problem with it. It sucks, but probably best to start from scratch and get back to W10 the long way. "Should" fix the issues.

Exactly the same problem with the Logitech T650 touch pad. It's been like that since W10 release. It seems like a case of the MS people not working with the hardware and peripheral people closely enough, resulting in a sample of the issues caused when Vista was released without proper hardware support and the drivers in a half ready state. The Intel Platform Drivers package hasn't been updated to W10 yet for many tablets either, which knackers touch. Even the MS Surface tablets are getting these issues, and you'd think they'd talk to their own MS hardware people.

Does seem to be largely touch devices that are getting the finger though. I fear we have to expect an increasing amount of this type of thing as the Windows touch UI moves further down the depreciation path. MS want you to use mouse and keyboard, and the usual strategy is to make the alternative increasingly difficult to use until they reduce the customer use to the point they can drop the feature entirely. See WP7, Zune, Media Centre etc. for the standard MS approach.

They'll probably get the edge swipes working at some point (though it'll hardly be a priority), but expect regular issues if you insist on sticking with using bits of Windows that MS don't deem fashionable any more. It is an experience many of us are used to.

Not sure if you're still having an issue, but try logging out of your account and back in. Locking and unlocking should work too.

I've just started having a problem of not being able to open the Action Center. Either by swiping from the right, or by clicking/touching the Action Center icon on the start bar. This started happening within the past week. Swiping from the left and top work fine.

Same thing I suggested above for you, mate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon