How do I uninstall Google Chrome from Windows 10 when its says close all windows from Windows 8?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi
i m trying to uninstall google chrome on my hp laptop which is upgraded last week to windows 10.but the problem is i did try to uninstall. Its show a msg saying plz close all goocle chrome open windows from windows 8 then try again. Plz help out if any1 can.thnx

anindyac

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to uninstall google chrome from windows 10 when its says close all windows from windows 8

Hi,
I am having similar problem. I can not uninstall or run or reinstall google chrome with administrative user or antivirus. Any process known to me is helpful to run or uninstall the google chrome. But it says close all google chrome open windows. I can not see any open windows. Need help or I have to back in windows 8.1 may be. Microsoft edge does not have quick page translation support as chrome so I need that.

avwyatt

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone ever find out the answer to this. I know this was back in 2015 & it's now May 2016 but all of a sudden my Google stopped working so I thought I would uninstall & reinstall after I had restarted the computer, & done everything else I knew to do. I switched to Windows 10 finally because my computer kept getting slower & now Google stopped working. Help

Reethigowla

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Mine came with a windows 10. Yesterday I had some internet problem. After that chrome wouldn't open. There was delayed shut down. Today lockscreen wouldn't unlock. Once it unlocked there is a message, "Sorry, unable to connect to 'Group Policy client service'". No internet icon. Everything is delayed. When icon appears, Chrome wouldn't open. My Chrome is 32 bit. Now what do I do ?

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
this is why we dont upgrade its better too by a window 10 laptop with window 10 all ready on it and your all set
You really choose to buy a whole new PC with W10 to avoid an upgrade install? Seriously, no-one ever told you that you could just do a clean install of Windows from DVD or USB stick media? Wow. Unless you have cash to burn, it's really worth looking in to how you do a clean install.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine came with a windows 10. Yesterday I had some internet problem. After that chrome wouldn't open. There was delayed shut down. Today lockscreen wouldn't unlock. Once it unlocked there is a message, "Sorry, unable to connect to 'Group Policy client service'". No internet icon. Everything is delayed. When icon appears, Chrome wouldn't open. My Chrome is 32 bit. Now what do I do ?
Google does not like MS and puts little effort in to getting the few pieces of their software they make available to Windows working well. Once you find a cleaner to remove that stuff, I suggest you look in to other options. If you don't like Edge (I don't blame you) or IE, then try out Opera.

anon(10107331)

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
This looks funny! 75% of the world are on Chrome. They use IE just to download Chrome. Where are you from, MS? Take a break and count how much chrome windows are open around you. Chrome is better than edge ( // im not mentioning IE here, cz Im not considering it as a browser). - You knew it, I knew it and everyone else knew it. Now answer the question if you KNOW the answer.

Achyut Arjun

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I had that problem too.. then I right clicked on the chrome icon from the hidden icons in the taskbar (that is on the right) and unchecked the "run chrome in background" and then went to control panel to uninstall chrome..and it got removed. but the problem is that even after that, I see the option of "google chrome" when I click to select a default web browser, and surprisingly, I do not have the option to select edge as the default browser.. I am about to reset my PC.. hope it helps..

wrldwzrd89

May 18, 2017
Visit site
I wonder if the previous Windows installation had a Chrome window marked as in use just prior to the upgrade starting and Windows forgot to clear that flag? If that's what's going on, a Windows reset may very well cure it. If it doesn't work, you may need to use Disk Cleanup to remove the offending Windows 8 leftovers. Remember to elevate to administrator when you do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar