Can I upgrade my PC to W10 (It s not genuine)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramielram

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Can I upgrade my PC to W10 (It s not genuine)

can someone guid me step by step how to do it .with no risk.. cz i dont have the tech mind about pc please help seriously

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: can i upgrade my pc to w 10 (it s not genuine )

Go online or to a shop and buy a copy, that way people who make or develop things earn the money to be able to buy other goods or services and that is how we all manage to live.

I am sure someone with a kinder disposition who will help you, will come along :eck:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Just seen one of your other posts:

"anyone have a hope or idea about what new features will be on w 10m cz evey build i be disappointted about the future of w 10m.. and honestly i am thinking to leave and go to other os .. just can... "

I wonder how many small shopkeepers would just love all of the shoplifters would be so kind as well :smile:

ramielram

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

yea ok if u are talking in that way.. it was genuine before i was updating to w 10 from winows update then while updating my pc screnn turn to black for a longgg time . and rolled back to thr previous w. (w7) with no genuine copy ( and dont have the cd for the pc ) sooo seriously i am NOT ready to buy a new copy sry ... if u dont wana help dont even reply please

ramielram

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

dam some people just love to make argument com on if u dont wana help just kick yourself out

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Hey there. If before upgrading you have genuine copy of Windows, then you rolled back, you should have genuine copy again. If it turned out to be not genuine, then your Windows isn't genuine in the first place. It's a cracked copy, probably installed by your PC seller and they claim it to be genuine.

ramielram

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

ok thx u man . can u tell me how to upgradeit to w10 .. in iso idk about this pleaseee

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site

ok thx u man . can u tell me how to upgradeit to w10 .. in iso idk about this pleaseee

Download media creation tool from MS website u can find it easily...
Then open it now select download iso file for another pc and then select which version u want...then hit next and then select where u want to save thw file and it will download iso file

ramielram

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

Download media creation tool from MS website u can find it easily...
Then open it now select download iso file for another pc and then select which version u want...then hit next and then select where u want to save thw file and it will download iso file

will i loose my data ?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

With ISO, yes.

I don't think that's right, I think you can do the same upgrade from an ISO as you can from the MCT.

To the OP, you can install Windows 10 even on non-genuine Windows, it just won't activate. When it doesn't activate, you can't personalize it, but it's usable. To be able to personalize an un-activate installation, you need to shell out the dollars to buy Windows 10, which will activate it.

There was an article on this on the main page a couple of weeks back.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

dam some people just love to make argument com on if u dont wana help just kick yourself out

It has nothing to do with people not wanting to help, there are cases of people with legitimate issues with losing genuine status, in which cases most here would gladly help. But little info was given regarding your current setup so ....

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site

Upgrade from ISO doesn't wipe out the user data.

U can use iso in two ways to install
1.if u use it while using ur windows 7or 8.1 then it won't wipe anything...it will store ur previous version of windows files in windows.old folder and u will able to undo all changes and use ur previous version of windows
2.if u boot iso then all data will be wiped (depending on u in which drive u want to install that will be formatted for installation of w10)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

It has been indicated elsewhere that users without a genuine copy of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 can be upgraded to Windows 10. However, the non-genuine status of their OS will be carried over once they upgrade to Windows 10 - they will not be "activated". Also, those with a non-genuine copy of 7, 8 or 8.1 will not have received the notification to reserve a copy of Windows 10 (before July 29). Hence, by either using the wuauclt.exe in Admin Command Prompt or the other methods of forcing the update in 7, 8 or 8.1, a user (even without a genuine copy of the OS) should be able to upgrade to Windows 10.

Again, a genuine OS can be upgraded to activated 10, and a non-genuine OS should be able to be activated to non-activated 10.

Additional info: If indeed you were already able to initiate the upgrade process and that you encountered some error and found yourself back to a previous version of the OS, then the information provided by other users (i.e. looking for the License Key for your previous OS version and activating that OS version, and then upgrading again to Windows 10) is the correct way of upgrading to an activated version of Windows 10. The steps are exactly the same - the same steps that you were already able to do before encountering the upgrade error.

Last edited:

DaKine 73

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Also to add to what gpobernardo said, if you enroll on the Windows Insider Program your windows 10 will be activated. But, as of right now the program is on hold due to the release of windows 10, so it will still show the activation message. Just wait until the program is back and it will activate. ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR ARE WILLING TO UPGRADE YOUR PC WITH POSSIBLE BUGS AND CRASHES ANY TIME A NEW UPGRADE IS AVAILABLE. IF YOU ARE WINDOWS SAVVY DO IT. If not then I don't recommend the program to you.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Couple of things:

1) If your PC was running a genuine copy of Windows 7 then you can still go back to it, options are either a clean install or use the restore option in Windows 10

2) If I were you I would do this:
- Backup existing data somewhere
- Download genuine Windows 7 SP1 ISO from DigitalRiver and perform a clean install using the Windows 7 USB Tool
- Activate it using your license key (provided you have one, check on your cabinet for the sticker with the key in case of OEM). If Windows is activated then proceed further. If you are having trouble activating it then call MS and they should be able to assist. If you do not have a key then unfortunately there no point in reading further
- Download all Windows Updates till you don't see them anymore
- Download Windows 10 ISO from the MS website and perform an upgrade within Windows 7, the OS will activate automatically once upgraded
- If you are having trouble activating then reach out to MS again, they should be able to help

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site

I would like to point out that I have tried a non-genuine upgrade in a VM from Windows 7 to 10. I used a program that I probably cannot mention here to make it genuine (I've since deleted the VM) I got the notification just fine, and used the cmd prompt to force the upgrade, upon the upgrade being completed I had no issue with the product key, although I am curious to see what would happen if I used the same Microsoft account on another computer. Would it still be classed as genuine or not?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I am curious to see what would happen if I used the same Microsoft account on another computer. Would it still be classed as genuine or not?

The key being genuine or not is not tied to your Microsoft account but the hardware configuration of the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans