I installed Windows 10 on my laptop 2-3 weeks ago at which time I was prompted to create a PIN for easier log-in. I've been using the PIN every day since. All I've had to do is type the 4 digits (no enter) and I get signed in.

Then last night when I tried to sign in, nothing. I enter the 4 digits, and after the 4th digit, the cursor jumps to the front of the PIN characters and doesn't sign me in. I tried Enter which does nothing.

I also tried the alternate "Log on using a password", and it does not accept my password either, which I did not change.

I called Microsoft support and they told me I need to "refresh my computer", meaning reinstall Windows, which is absolutely ridiculous, as it boots up fine and has been working fine. The OS locked me out of it!

I hope someone can help with this issue, as I have financial documents that I update daily, and have not backed up in a couple months. (I've learned my lesson)

Thanks.
    08-30-2015 10:06 PM
    Can you boot into safemode?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:32 PM