(Almost) all apps do not open

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
In the past two weeks I have been experiencing this problem. Sometimes, almost all apps I downloaded (paid/free) do not open - the startup screen showed up but then the app window quickly disappeared / nothing appeared at all. Can only open the "Store" app and some built-in apps (even Mail could not be launched sometimes).

Tried the following methods:

1. In "Store" app, click on my picture > Settings > Manage your devices, and then remove all devices with apps installed under my Microsoft account. Then restart Windows.
  2. (For paid apps) Uninstall and re-install the paid app. But then the paid app could not be downloaded (forgot the error message...). I then downloaded a free app and finally the paid app will download then.
(The above methods only work at 50% chance. Sometimes the apps can launch successfully after one/two days. Strange...)

I am running the latest Windows 10 with all updated properly installed. Not running insider build.

Have been very satisfied with Windows 10 except these app problems annoyed me a lot recently.

Am I the only one? Did I do something wrong with anything that triggered these strange problems?

Helps are much appreciated.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had issues where apps would sporadically not open or close like this and I tried just about everything under the sun. I even reset the OS.

Here is what I did to fix my issue and I hope it will help with yours:

Check your Date and Time settings and make sure the date/time and time zone are correct. Here were the steps I took:

• Click on the clock in the taskbar
  • Select Date and Time settings
  • Turn Set time automatically to OFF
  • Verify your Time Zone
  • Under Change date and time, click the Change button
  • Change the time by like an hour or something so it is not correct
  • Turn ON the Set time automatically feature
  • Wait for Date and Time to update
  • Close the window
  • Launch Windows Store and verify

You can reboot for good measure, but I didn't need it.

Hope this helps!!

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I had issues where apps would sporadically not open or close like this and I tried just about everything under the sun. I even reset the OS.

Here is what I did to fix my issue and I hope it will help with yours:

Check your Date and Time settings and make sure the date/time and time zone are correct. Here were the steps I took:

• Click on the clock in the taskbar
  • Select Date and Time settings
  • Turn Set time automatically to OFF
  • Verify your Time Zone
  • Under Change date and time, click the Change button
  • Change the time by like an hour or something so it is not correct
  • Turn ON the Set time automatically feature
  • Wait for Date and Time to update
  • Close the window
  • Launch Windows Store and verify

You can reboot for good measure, but I didn't need it.

Hope this helps!!

I would definitely follow your suggestion next time when I have the problem.

So I believe this is indeed a bug. I think Microsoft should take the highest priority to fix this bug because error on launching apps is really a big problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon