Edge adblocker

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I... don't think I'd be installing that.

e: Ok looked at the files. Just seems to dump a bunch of common ad servers into your hosts file. Not going to hurt anything, but not exactly a full ad blocker either.

Be aware though if you have any custom definitions in your hosts file (for example if you have a Homestead server up), it's going to overwrite those. So be sure to back up your hosts file first or make note of what addresses you need to ad back after this batch file does its thing.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I... don't think I'd be installing that.

e: Ok looked at the files. Just seems to dump a bunch of common ad servers into your hosts file. Not going to hurt anything, but not exactly a full ad blocker either.

Be aware though if you have any custom definitions in your hosts file (for example if you have a Homestead server up), it's going to overwrite those. So be sure to back up your hosts file first or make note of what addresses you need to ad back after this batch file does its thing.

well this is just a post to show people another host they can use as workaround while Microsoft give us extensions.
But of course if you don't like this method and you don't think it's a full adblocker (which works most ads) you could just get Adguard and pay for it, or get the 180 days Russian adguard trial or try AdFender.
AdFender won't work out of the box but you can just change your Windows 10 proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 7070 and Edge will work that way.
You can't still select which sites you can disable or allow the filtering for your sites you want to support or not support like normal browser adblockers, but it works and it's free.
The big problem is some apps won't like the proxy like perfect tube, so that's why host files are "better" workaround.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes