W10 - Network Adapter is missing - no WiFi. What can I do?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
W10 - Network Adapter is missing - no WiFi

Hello guys, hope someone can help me figure out whats going on with my tablet (WinBook). I've installed W10 few weeks ago since then never had any problems with it, but today I noticed I cannot connect to wifi. it's gone from Network settings, if I open "connection" icon on task bar I only see Airplane mode..Network adapter from Device manager is also gone. I have no idea what to do now...

I did try this - connect to internet via Bluetooth from Lumia phone and with Intel Driver Update Utility scanned tablet, only thing it found is update for Graphics driver.. what else can I do?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10 - Network Adapter is missing - no WiFi

I don't know why you are using the intel driver update, but maybe you should get the drivers from the oem tablet?
maybe you should look in the update settings history and see if you got some weird thing there or anything.
maybe check updates with the bluetooth connection, or scan for hardware changes in device manager.

I tried to get you the link of Winbook drivers, BUT I am not sure if it's microcentertech and if that's the one the made your tablet, well their site is crap. maybe you should give some exact model or anything. I am sure if we got the wifi driver and you installed it, everything would go back to normal.

Last edited:

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

I don't know why you are using the intel driver update, but maybe you should get the drivers from the oem tablet?
maybe you should look in the update settings history and see if you got some weird thing there or anything.
maybe check updates with the bluetooth connection, or scan for hardware changes in device manager.

I tried to get you the link of Winbook drivers, BUT I am not sure if it's microcentertech and if that's the one the made your tablet, well their site is crap. maybe you should give some exact model or anything. I am sure if we got the wifi driver and you installed it, everything would go back to normal.

I did eeverything you said. And agree microcenters' website is terrible. There is no way to download any driver. Why Intel? Because almost everything (hardware wise) is based on Intel drvers

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I did eeverything you said. And agree microcenters' website is terrible. There is no way to download any driver. Why Intel? Because almost everything (hardware wise) is based on Intel drvers

well not really, they use different wifi chipsets just like wifi, as you can see in the info/files I found I found TW100 uses realtek wifi adapter which is pretty common among devices. Qualcomm Atheros and Realtek are the common things I see on network adapters.

But anyway, I found this on forum for you. I had updated my post but I edited it again to make a new quote for you so you won't miss this.

But I found this on their forum:
TW700
Micro Center Tech Support Online ? View topic - WinBook TW700 Need official drivers

TW100
Micro Center Tech Support Online ? View topic - TW100 Windows 10 missing Drivers guide

TW801
Micro Center Tech Support Online ? View topic - i need drivers for tw801

there are links to gdrives to download the drivers, if you want to test them.
I downloaded the 8.1 drivers from TW100 and it says
Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter
so it seems something like that should be the drivers on other tablets, I don't think it they would a different brand for their network adapters, maybe all they are Realtek something. which means you can get generic drivers not made for your tablet but if you get the correct model, you might get something working while you find the real one.

But it seems looking in Micro Center forum is your way to find the drivers you need.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for trying help me. Intel wasn't the only thing I tried, i tried different Realtek drivers as well. This and that would say something like "no supporting device/hardware was found..blah-blah"

But i didn't find solution. Very surprised* it worked. Remember Graphic driver I found with Intel update.. I found one tread on MS website saying graphic driver might fix my issue.. I installed what I found, restarted and Wi-Fi is back now.

*how video driver is related to network problem I absolutely have no idea.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

That sounds like a weird solution! but it works! I am sure someone on crappy Microcenter forum, maybe had a good driver for you. but whatever works for you it's the best solution!
I like fixing the few bugs that I come across Windows 10, it's surely a nice experience ;).

anyway! take care and let's hope your Wifi won't fail ever again!

Rustyc

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Hi I'm having the same problem with my Acer Aspire 7551-3650. It has a Broadcom 802.11 card. One day my internet access (wifi) indicator failed to load and of course..no internet. Upon checking my device manager it showed my wired connections were all there except my wireless adapter. Something I thought was strange also...all my restore points are gone and any back up records! Just seems strange. Anyway...one or two times I have been able to get it back again thru re-booting and one time re-installing the driver...now this time nothing seems to work...the total times it's dumped has been about 4. This last time it lasted for 23 days. First time was about 2 weeks after upgrading from W7 to W10:unhappy:

Any ideas??

R.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

My Surface 3 did this last night and ate up a bunch of LTE data.

I fixed it by going into the device manager and manually installing the drivers. There were three drivers listed already on the system and I picked through the latest ones until one of them worked.

I've seen this on multiple windows 10 systems where it just decides to use the wrong driver for wifi.

Rustyc

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your reply...I wish it was that simple..lol!
My device manager shows all my hard wire adapters, but not my wireless. I tried downloading new drivers and re-installing to no avail.
I tried scanning with Malwarebytes in case some virus crept in to make my life miserable...but nothing.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Wow, so it's not even listed with a "!" ?

It might be an all out failure of the hardware.

Rustyc

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Well it seems like it MIGHT be okay as it drops in and out... it's my take on these things that they either work or they don't.

I was reading something earlier that caused me to suspect the compatibility of the Broadcom adapter to W10. Everything I have read so far is saying that W is working on this issue. It is a fairly wide spread problem regarding upgrades from W7 to 10 and the adapter going for a s__t. In the mean time....any ideas??

Rustyc

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Ok...here's the latest..lol! I found the adapter in the "hidden" view in device manager...but it said it was not connected in the advanced view...so I removed the adapter from the laptop...booted-up...uninstalled the adapter...shutdown,,,re-installed...booted and there it was after weeks of hiding...reconnected and operational...lol! for how long??

Anyway up and running!!

Patricia Ferguson

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site

Ok...here's the latest..lol! I found the adapter in the "hidden" view in device manager...but it said it was not connected in the advanced view...so I removed the adapter from the laptop...booted-up...uninstalled the adapter...shutdown,,,re-installed...booted and there it was after weeks of hiding...reconnected and operational...lol! for how long??

Anyway up and running!!

Im having the exact problem, and got really excited that u managed to fix it. But i cant remove the Hardware from my SP3 is there another way?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon