Will Windows 10 be installed automatically without my consent?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

will windows 10 be installed automatically without my consent?

a computer has 3 login usernames. when i'm about to use it, i cannot open a page and it on the desktop screen this message regarding windows 10 upgrade: 1. upgrade today 2. upgrade at a later date.

i didn't click anything on the upgrade links and just log off. i tried it again after a few minutes and still it won't open up unless i click the upgrade. i decided not to use it.

my nephew called me when he got home from work and told me that the computer is not working anymore and looks like the windows 10 upgrade keeps on installing for many hours and corrupted. i told him i did not click any link to install the upgrade so how could it be possible. he said logging off would probably install the upgrade automatically. is this true? please help.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: will windows 10 be installed automatically without my consent?

Windows 10 cannot install automatically without your consent. It's possible you reserved a copy of Windows 10 at an earlier date, or it's possible that you accidentally selected "Update" even though you didn't mean to.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: will windows 10 be installed automatically without my consent?

AFAIK, it will pester you, download in the background depending on the situation, give you alerts but never actually start without your consent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes