Windows 10 - Unable to get past Loading Screen (NOT A NEW INSTALL), what should I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 - Unable to get past Loading Screen (NOT A NEW INSTALL)

I installed Windows 10 on a MS Vista OS, Viao laptop about a month ago. Everything has been fine. I've been learning how to use Windows 10, and have been more or less happy with it.

On October 16, 1015, I booted the laptop just like I do every morning around 8:30 am. I got past the loading screen, got the Loading screen photo image, and then the login screen. I logged in, and got an alert that Windows 10 updates were available. Since I had 30 some minutes before I needed to actually USE the machine I told it to update. I clicked the update button, and Windows 10 partially logged me out to do the update. When windows restarted, I got past the loading screen, and got to the Login screen.

But after putting in my Windows credentials, I got a blue screen with a white circle progress indicator, and it sat like that for about 20 minutes.

I restarted by pressing the power button, but am now unable to even to the loading screen. As soon as I hear the "booting windows" sound, the blue screen with the white circle progress indicator comes up. I've tried this about 5 times, letting it sit for about 30 minutes each time.

I've spent the entire morning and afternoon trying to find a way to get into safe mode without the use of the "restart" function, but either that data doesn't exist or I am not using the correct search terms to find it.

Anyone have any advice for me?

PandoraHarper

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 - Unable to get past Loading Screen (NOT A NEW INSTALL)

BTW, the above question was posted by me. I was logged in, but not aware that the "Ask A Question" forms would not put my question in the Windows 10 forum, or that it would post my question as if I was a guest.

Last edited:

PandoraHarper

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 - Unable to get past Loading Screen (NOT A NEW INSTALL)

Paul, I left the machine in question turned on, and hard-wired to the Internet all day Friday and Friday night. Midmorning on Saturday I was able to log in. However up until Thursday the 22nd, I could not use launch Skype or Skype for business. Windows is updating without us knowing about it, I guess. So if you can, turn on the machine running Windows 10, try to connect it to the Internet, and then wait. Beyond that, you have options like re-installing your old OS if you the appropriate resources.

Finally, I was lucky. The machine I put Windows 10 on is not my MAIN machine. So it being down was very annoying, but it could have been much worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism