Can I please get some assistance upgrading to Windows 10?

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

Hi everyone.

I have a problem. I really can't update my laptop to Windows 10. I've tried every solution available but it fails, always. So I tried upgrading using the Windows Update, but on the verge of updating it, it stopped at 24% and shown an error "Something happened." I tried it all over and all over again but it fails every time. So after that, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and downloaded the ISO, but in the end I always get a BSOD and has an error "data_inpage_error" something like that. And I don't know why. I'm using the x64 version of the tool 'cause my laptop is 64 bit. My laptop is Asus Vivobook X202e, W8.1 SL, 64bit, Core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, and I thought my laptop shouldn't have any trouble or so in upgrading because it passed all the requirements for Windows 10.

By the way, there is a "Software Distribution" folder in C:/Windows and its size is already 20.1GB (!!!) and I've read something on the internet that it is where the Windows 10 download is located. There's also a solution I've seen which is the .esd thing but I can't find it anywhere.

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you so much. :smile:

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Yep you're right that folder is where W10 upgrade files are located, so what you have to do is, go to that folder and delete everything, everything in that folder. Then follow http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/28/h...tart-downloading-the-windows-10-update-files/ to force update.

If using that method still giving error while upgrading, try to refresh your PC first. Refresh retains your files, but a backup is always helpful. After a successful refresh, do not install any program or apps, run Windows Update, install all update, then follow the instructions on previous link again. Hope that helps.

infiniti_12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

Hi there,

Yep you're right that folder is where W10 upgrade files are located, so what you have to do is, go to that folder and delete everything, everything in that folder. Then follow How to force Windows to start downloading the Windows 10 update files | VentureBeat | Business | by Jeff Grubb && Emil Protalinski to force update.

If using that method still giving error while upgrading, try to refresh your PC first. Refresh retains your files, but a backup is always helpful. After a successful refresh, do not install any program or apps, run Windows Update, install all update, then follow the instructions on previous link again. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much. I'll try this. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers