Questions about Windows 10 functionality/features

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been using Windows 10 since it came out officially and now I also have the November update

I've had some irritating issues that I feel now I need to sort out once and for all. So here goes

• I deal with a lot of photos, hundreds to even a thousand per month. I really liked arranging them by date taken as I could see photos for a particular day. With Windows 10, this feature works a quarter of the time. When I go to my pictures folder and arrange by day, it will work but if I exit and go back after a few days, it reverts to the default view of by name without grouping of any kind. How do I make "arrange by date" permanent?
  • Again with photos, with the November update, now all my photo files don't show their names below the photo tile when in show large size setting. How do I get the folder to show the names and the photo also?
  • Sometimes when I open a photo using windows photo viewer, and I click on next, it doesn't go to the next photo in the sequence but jumps to a random photo somewhere down the list. Why does this happen?
  • When I open the photos in my phone through the laptop, I can't go to the next or the previous photo via the photo viewer. I have to close the viewer and open the next photo. Then I close that photo and open the next one. Really irritating.

These are some issues for now. I'll ask more later

Thank you for your time in replying

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been using Windows 10 since it came out officially and now I also have the November update

I've had some irritating issues that I feel now I need to sort out once and for all. So here goes

• I deal with a lot of photos, hundreds to even a thousand per month. I really liked arranging them by date taken as I could see photos for a particular day. With Windows 10, this feature works a quarter of the time. When I go to my pictures folder and arrange by day, it will work but if I exit and go back after a few days, it reverts to the default view of by name without grouping of any kind. How do I make "arrange by date" permanent?
  • Again with photos, with the November update, now all my photo files don't show their names below the photo tile when in show large size setting. How do I get the folder to show the names and the photo also?
  • Sometimes when I open a photo using windows photo viewer, and I click on next, it doesn't go to the next photo in the sequence but jumps to a random photo somewhere down the list. Why does this happen?
  • When I open the photos in my phone through the laptop, I can't go to the next or the previous photo via the photo viewer. I have to close the viewer and open the next photo. Then I close that photo and open the next one. Really irritating.

These are some issues for now. I'll ask more later

Thank you for your time in replying

1. I'm not sure there can be a default view. Are we talking the Photos app, Explorer or?
2. Are we talking Explorer? I'm not sure whats up here if we are.
3. Is this a Windows Phone? The way it does USB is slow and a pain.
I don't remember the last time I did it, I usually just deal with it all on OD.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
1. I'm not sure there can be a default view. Are we talking the Photos app, Explorer or?
2. Are we talking Explorer? I'm not sure whats up here if we are.
3. Is this a Windows Phone? The way it does USB is slow and a pain.
I don't remember the last time I did it, I usually just deal with it all on OD.

Sorry, I should have said file explorer
yes, windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3