Wifi Problem after Windows 10 Nov Update

komoxtuora

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I was actually happy with my Windows 10 build 10240. After upgrading from 10240 to 10586, things gone crazy.

My laptop does not connect to the eduroam network after upgrade. It connects public hotspots, my own mobile hotspot, non-protected wifi's but eduroam. 10240 had no issue with eduroam but 10586 insists to not connect. Same problem happened to my roommate's computer also. It says "Cannot connect to this network."

Two computers have updated from 10240 to 10586 (mine Education, roommate's Pro), drivers are also OK and Device Manager does not show any errors. Also tried to forget the network. Nothing changed.

Any ideas?

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my dorm connection (wired Ethernet). What normally used to happen was that whenever I got online, I would be redirected to the campus network login page, where I would be provided Internet access after I have logged in with my student credentials. After the fall update, though, the OS cannot load this login page - hence no Ethernet for me...

Just out of curiosity, what does the system report if you diagnose your connection? Mine says "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer".

Edit: Turns out, my problem was due to some incompatibility between the dorm network login process and the Edge browser. Switching browsers solved it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes