is it worth to buy? 950 or 950XL

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Windows Mobile user since the ipaq times and I had used all Windows Phone generations from 7 to 10 insider. My current phone is a Lumia Icon and I'm very happy with the performance of the phone with W10M.
Microsoft released new phones now with very good specs and my hands are shaking to pre-order one but I started thinking about the apps, I have been suffering with this for a long time for example a friend come to you and show a new app and you don't have it. You go and buy a new smart device and no apps for windows phone.
Microsoft promised us more apps but they didn't show anything yet.
Do you think it is worth pay almost $700 for a phone or wait couple months to see if new apps will show in the Store?

Regards,

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Icon is a fine phone still and you're happy so I'd sit on it for now and reassess later.

Whether its worth it is something you can judge. I certainly would not spend my money on it, but then again I'm not going to buy any phone in that price range.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Waiting for the real MS phone. Nothing is of interest with the 950 & 950XL being Nokia legacy devices. I want the pure MS experience and will continue to wait for it. I am running my L920 on the latest insider build. And, I run an SP3 with W10.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, if the biggest problem to you are apps.. then IDK what to say - I guess you wouldn't see a problem with buying a 950XL now, and then buying the next flagship when it comes out.
The biggest problem to me is the money. I can't go around every year spending $700 for the flagship. And as for now, my L1520 serves me GREAT. It's the best WP phone out there, excluding the 950(XL). And in my oppinion, the 950(XL) isn't yet a worthy upgrade if you have a 930(ICON) or a 1520 which is basicly the same phone.
You only get a barely better processor (930/1520 is already blazing fast, so no need), and a little more RAM (which is also useless, I still haven't met someone that used up 2GBs of RAM on a WP), a barely better camera (hardly noticeable to me), and some of those features that seem useless to me (continuum and iris scanning).
So if spending all that cash isn't a problem for you, and all you want is to stay on the top, then go for it, you won't be dissapointed. However, I wouldn't do it if I were you, I'd eather save up that money for the next flagship, or use it for something better.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup at times it gets difficult when ur friends get new apps and u have nothin, but ironically in my case whatever my friends showed, I somehow found 3rd part apps(not a good thing of course, also depends on ur app catalogue). However if ur needs are driven by apps then jump ship, may take another 6months for anything substantial optimistically speaking on windows phone. If not, with money not a constraint buy it or if constraint wait for the MS phone.

I have 1020, now wondering camera wise how their "surface phone" gonna topup 950, design maybe Nokia's but the rest is MS investing, so should I go with 950 or wait.

In the end I really hope these bridges work out, at least ios's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes