Urgent Help Required (WIndows 10 has entered into Restarting Loop)

kunalmehta

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Dear Friends

I recently tried updating the latest update of Windows 10 on my HP 2000 laptop, but now it has entered into restarting loop and i dont have any restore option nor its taking backup through troubleshoot option, now i want take the backup of my data as i have only one partition thats C and d is for recovering option ( which is not working). please help me with options where i can take my data backup and then can go for reset option. if anyone has alternative pls helpout

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Does it try an "automatic repair" and fail every time? That was my experience with the in-place upgrade with the Media creation tool. I would suggest you to create a live USB stick with Ubuntu on it, and boot from there (see How to create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu for instructions on how to create the stick). (When you boot, you will be given the option to try Ubuntu without installing it) Then check whether you can access the C drive from Ubuntu.

If you cannot see the C drive (which was my experience), prepare a live USB stick with Windows 10 and boot from there. When presented with the setup screen, click "Repair my computer" Then Troubleshooting, then Command line. On the command prompt, type chkdsk /f /r and hit enter. This should fix your drive up.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I meant to say
chkdsk /f /r C:

Once it's over, check whether you can access C: by typing
cd /D C:
dir

An interesting issue about my particular case was that after chkdsk, I was able to access C: from the command file, see the files, copy them around, etc. But when I rebooted the computer and let Windows do its automatic repair thing once more, I lost access to C:, once more. The solution, again, was chkdsk for me, after which I regained access to my data. I then decided to just stay in the cmd environment, copy important files over to an external hard drive (using the command "copy"), and once that's done do a clean install on C:

Your particular case may very well be different from mine, but maybe this will help :smile:

kunalmehta

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I meant to say
chkdsk /f /r C:

Once it's over, check whether you can access C: by typing
cd /D C:
dir

An interesting issue about my particular case was that after chkdsk, I was able to access C: from the command file, see the files, copy them around, etc. But when I rebooted the computer and let Windows do its automatic repair thing once more, I lost access to C:, once more. The solution, again, was chkdsk for me, after which I regained access to my data. I then decided to just stay in the cmd environment, copy important files over to an external hard drive (using the command "copy"), and once that's done do a clean install on C:

Your particular case may very well be different from mine, but maybe this will help :smile:

Thanks for your reply
Neither check disk nor automatic repair worked for me, so i need to install clean again :(

coz of latest update of windows 10 i lost my outlook data :(

jchanyaem

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. I consider myself a power user and tried all kinds of things I found around the internet. Nothing worked. In the end, I had to do a complete reinstall. Luckily I always have my data files on a separate disk for this reason. Everything worked great after the reinstall until the next Windows update came out. Now it's broken again. Seriously getting tired of Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos