Error updating core apps

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

The following happens om both, my 640 and 950. I am trying to install core app updates, e.g. Equalizer, motion, gesture and touch.

Initially I got errors due to the fact that I change the app location to my sd card.

But even changing the default app location and rebooting does not change this behavior. There is an error, but when clicking on it, the app just redownloads without showing the actual error and just ending in an error again.

How can I fix this? Oh, this happens on the newest preview version from yesterday, 640, as well as the stock version, 950. Also, other apps from the store install just fine including the MS apps like Outlook and Maps.

Thanks

thedogdid

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 640 also. I went back to 8.1 and then got 10.0.586.36 when saw it was available. This time though when it ask me if wanted to store my stuff on the sdcard I said no and continued installing the updated apps from the store. Some of the apps that didn?t install before, installed fine but was never offered the gestures and touch app.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You can uninstall some system apps using the storage app then reinstall them by using an app called "sysapp pusher"

This is what I did.

1) Use the storage app and looked on both phone and sd card for audio (Equaliser), touch (Gestures and Touch), rate us (Rate Your Device).
*These were the apps that had errors for me you might have others.

2) Then change the location for where the apps are saved from the SD card to the phone.

3) Finally use sysapp pusher to redownload the apps you just uninstalled. After they are done downloading (this time to your phone directly), you can change the setting back to store apps on the sd card.

I also had an issue with motion data (Lumia motion data), and got a similar result by:

1) Use storage app to move motion data from SD card to phone.

2) Allow update to download from store.

For this method I did not have the change where new apps were stored, as the phone already sees them on the internal memory and did not give an error.

So there are two methods you can try. I guess the long and short of it is you should have system apps on the device itself, then updates will not have an issue.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I also had an issue with motion data (Lumia motion data), and got a similar result by:

Thanks! This method fixed the two remaining download issues I was having. I've moved the rest of the core OS files to my phone and just left some third party apps on the SD card that seem to be happy there.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just wish to confirm that the below mentioned method is the best. Additional tip from my side is to go to storage app first. look for all apps on SD card. Uninstall ALL APPs that have a gear as their icon. These are the system apps which should be on the internal drive.

This is what I did.

1) Use the storage app and looked on both phone and sd card for audio (Equaliser), touch (Gestures and Touch), rate us (Rate Your Device).
*These were the apps that had errors for me you might have others.

2) Then change the location for where the apps are saved from the SD card to the phone.

3) Finally use sysapp pusher to redownload the apps you just uninstalled. After they are done downloading (this time to your phone directly), you can change the setting back to store apps on the sd card.

For this method I did not have the change where new apps were stored, as the phone already sees them on the internal memory and did not give an error.

So there are two methods you can try. I guess the long and short of it is you should have system apps on the device itself, then updates will not have an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital