ripping cds to hard drive

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had to rip lately, thought it was easy, went to play a cd in the player and I can't rip cds in Windows 10 to hard drive. What am I missing? WMP will not allow ripping.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use MusicBee, free music management and player for all things music on the PC, but WMP 12.0.10011 is allowing me to rip CDs on W10. If a CD has already been ripped, or the the album exists in the PC's Music Library, the rip icon will be greyed out. Hovering over the icon in Now Playing view will bring the prompt "CD Already Ripped". No prompt appears when hovering the icon in Library view. Does the CD you're trying to rip already exist in your library?

Verify rip settings and location in Tools > Options > Rip Music. Checking Rip CD Automatically works to automatically rip any CDs not currently in my library when inserted in the disc drive. Audio file format in the library differing from Rip settings won't force Rip to work; if the album exists in the Library, it won't rip.

This process from Windows 7 (nothing from MS for W10) from MS' site is the same as WMP12 using W10:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rip-music-from-cd#rip-music-from-cd=windows-7

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate area...

Windows 10 How-To Guides is for write ups of prepackaged solutions... Not for leading questions on issues not yet resolved.

For me, in 10... Rip comes up in WMP when I have a CD inserted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes