Just made the leap

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just made the leap to Windows 10 Mobile on my 1520. It has only been a few hours but I have to say I like it. I've been holding off because of all the battery drain issues and comments.
The phone feels snappy and isn't lagging at all.

I'll post again to update how it's going.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
These are non scientific numbers, but what I figure every "I am having all kinds of issues" post in these threads there are thousands that are having no issues. Enjoy WM 10.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the comments, it's always good to hear something positive about the os.

I will try the hard restart tomorrow to better the experience.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I too just made the leap (again, but I'm determined to keep it this time), and the hard reset fixed issues I didn't even know I had.

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
950 Lumia here. I WDRT tool to original build, updated to .29, Windows Insider to .36 and recently did the firmware. Never did a restore from backup and had the best experience since upgrading to 950. After awhile things be and worst. I think most of my issues are SD card related. Planning on WDRTing again and starting fresh again with .63 and formating the SD. Fairly optimistic this will solve the balance of some odd stuff that is happening. .36 I did not feel was very polished. Sounds like .63 is much better but rather start from scratch again to give it fair shot. Bottom line I this "start from fresh" is a positive experience and worth effort until O/S grows a little more.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have to ask what is "WDRT"?

So far the battery life has been great for the first 14 hours, down 30%.
The outlook app is awesome and the delete and flag features are a great addition to mobile.
I will have to get familiar with the calendar to pass judgement on it. I use this everyday so a strong calendar is important to me.
The other thing I have gotten extremely used to (WP8.1 and W10) is "Hey Cortana" and this works like a dream. I haven't looked for the sync between my W10 machines and the phone yet.

Next hurdle is redoing my start screen layout.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed the app in my phone, "Get Started". What a great idea to put tutorials **** the new OS right on it. I have picked up a few things from it that I didn't know you could do.
This will be excellent for my wife who is not Tech savvy, but loves her 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes