Features work on Android too!

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
One of the things I was a little bummed out about when I left Windows Phone was that the Cortana integration with text messages from the PC seemed like it would no longer be an option. However, that turned out to be false! I was researching installing a different app on my computer/phone that would accomplish the same thing when I realized that I could just install Cortana on my Android and accomplish the same thing! Thanks Microsoft!:cool:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It works!

Screenshot_20160119-205032.png

Although it did send twice, awkwardly enough.

I put this into Cortana on my laptop: "send a text to Sophie saying testing 1 2 3"

and she did it! Although she noted it may take a moment depending on connectivity.

I also was alerted to a missed call on my PC as well earlier.

All on a CM13 powered phone with Cortana.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I figured out the double text thing if you are still looking for a solution. Android allows installing multiple messaging apps and I had the same issue with google's messager and the stock message app installed. Cortana was sending the text through both. It would be nice if she would just let you pick which app you want to send the message, but uninstalling google's app worked for me -- I like the smaller font on the other app better.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I figured out the double text thing if you are still looking for a solution. Android allows installing multiple messaging apps and I had the same issue with google's messager and the stock message app installed. Cortana was sending the text through both. It would be nice if she would just let you pick which app you want to send the message, but uninstalling google's app worked for me -- I like the smaller font on the other app better.

hmm I got rid of the stock app and it seems to still do doubles, but it doesnt seem to actually send two messages...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac