Store app problem

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Experienced my first real Windows 10 problem.
I initiated app updates in the Store app and Store app was one of the apps needing update.
After that the Store app wouldn't open. Click the tile and it blinked on screen and shut down.
Tried a bunch of fixes, wsreset and others. Nothing worked.
Had to refresh my machine and configure my profile again back to where I had things set.

Anyone else have a problem with the Store app recently?

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
yup, same problem a couple of days ago
Tried a couple of things and ended up corrupting a couple of other apps as well :eck:

Did a refresh and then a tidy up which fixed everything.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Had the same problem. There are lots of powershell commands out there that supposedly fix the issue. None worked for me. For me, the only thing that worked was making a new user account. I made my existing user account local, created a new account linked to my Microsoft account - and migrated all the files over once I confirmed the Store worked in the new user account. Wasn't that much of a pain - but now I have the Windows Store back. Strange problem - fairly easy solution.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Had the same issue. Tried all possible PowerShell commands and WSReset as well. Nothing worked.

Finally did an in-place upgrade from Win 10 to Win 10 keeping all files and settings, it sorted out the Store issue.

DrPuppy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Are any of you guys using CCleaner for registry cleaning?

I had this problem for eons until I figured out that this registry "cleaning" was deleting important configuration files for Windows, leaving things completely inoperable. There was also deletion of some files from regular cleaning as well that was detrimental to my computer's well being.

Dump CCleaner or configure such that it doesn't do these things, and you'll be good (and I don't believe registry cleaning is terribly necessary).

Last edited:

davidtayo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi. how did you do the in-place update? the media creation tool i got only wanted to download Windows 8.1, not 10. And did you get to keep all your legacy applications?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99