How to impove the battery life of my VAIO running W10?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
since SONY had sold VAIO, we VAIO users are left behind, all great hardware is no more supported, thus I won't get what I paid for :(

+ There's no support, no OEM drivers, you guys are the who can help....HOW CAN I IMPROVE THE BATTERY LIFE OF MY UNSUPPORTED VAIO?!
Is it the drivers? Windows itself?

thank you!

sikurunana

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
How old is your VAIO, the battery capacity must have depleted by now, thus the charge won't last long. It happened to my one. You'll have to replace the battery with a new one, if you can find one. Also, since there are no drivers available, there's no proper device control as well for the hardware.

sikurunana

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
You could try installing Windows 7 on to a different partition and use it for a couple of days and see. Anyways by 2-3 years, the battery starts to deplete. By 5 years it won't last at all.

My VAIO laptop by the 3rd year it started to stay for less than an hour. My DELL laptop by the 3rd year it lasted less than 30 mins.

Ghoomato

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
the phone is old so the battery life is depleted . But yes you can try to uninstall the unuseful apps ans can star the battery saving mode.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the phone is old so the battery life is depleted . But yes you can try to uninstall the unuseful apps ans can star the battery saving mode.

Pretty sure OP is talking about a laptop.

1. Well, its hard to tell if its Windows 10 entirely. It's possible, as going from supported 7 to unsupported 8.0 knocked 30 minutes off my old ThinkPad's battery life. Then again, the battery degraded pretty fast after that.

I'd actually try this out, its very informative: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/get-more-battery-life-out-of-your-laptop-in-windows-7

For example my current notebook is at about maybe 90% original capacity. My old one, the main battery's at around a quarter. The secondary is doing better at probably 60-70 ish but eh, its been retired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon