Weather app on lock screen as background

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi @,

please help me with the ability to have on the lock screen the weather app (MSN one) as the background.
The only options which are there are: my pictures, Bing, Instagram BETA and Insider.
On W8.1 I had the weather app on the lock screen as a background without any issue. On W10 is missing for some reason.

Regards!

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi @,

please help me with the ability to have on the lock screen the weather app (MSN one) as the background.
The only options which are there are: my pictures, Bing, Instagram BETA and Insider.
On W8.1 I had the weather app on the lock screen as a background without any issue. On W10 is missing for some reason.

Regards!
w10m can't do that.

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
There are some options, though none are great. I've used:

Lock Manager (Free or full)--worked great to put hourly weather and calendar appointments on lock screen until recently the location service stopped working. Now it always says I am in DC.

Awesome Lock (Free or full)-switched to this after Lock Manager. Also puts hourly weather and calendar, and even looks better, but it loses your settings every couple of days and you need to set it up again. Annoying.

Lockmix- Doesn't do hourly weather, only daily, and calendar appointments need to be purchased, so two strikes against, but does seem to be the most stable.

Sigh. Anyone know a better way? Not much to ask for hourly weather and some calendar appointments, especially because I don't care much what the background looks like.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
It's not W10M (IMO), it's the new Weather app which is a Universal App.

I was using Accuweather (the old version) which worked fine as a background app, but if you upgrade to the new version (which is also a universal app like MSN Weather) it's no longer an option for the lock screen.

If you've never used the new version of Accuweather you should still be able to install the old one, which works fine although IMO isn't as good as MSN Weather was. Still better (again IMO) than any of the lock screen alternatives that I've tried.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2