Why is my 1520 inaccessible after OS upgrade?

mstabes

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
1520 inaccessible after OS upgrade

My 1520 attempted to download the latest Win10 OS for fast ring. Seemed to download fine, offered me the standard restart process. Phone restarted, turning sprockets appeared for about 5 second then all I get is :-( on the screen and the phone shuts down.

The phone has nothing on it at all except the OS, so am willing to try anything to get it back in working order.

Any ideas anyone?

Mart

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: 1520 inaccessible after OS upgrade

My 1520 attempted to download the latest Win10 OS for fast ring. Seemed to download fine, offered me the standard restart process. Phone restarted, turning sprockets appeared for about 5 second then all I get is :-( on the screen and the phone shuts down.

The phone has nothing on it at all except the OS, so am willing to try anything to get it back in working order.

Any ideas anyone?

Mart

Plug wall charger and first try a soft reset: hold vol down + power 15 sec then release. You'll feel a vibro.
Otherwise try the hard reset key sequence.

Turn off Phone, press vol down and togheter plug charger and wait exclamation mark
then presse in sequence: vol up, vol down, power, vol down

mstabes

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Soft reset gives same error.
Hard reset - I don't get ! after vol down and plugging power in, I only get Nokia logo and vibro power on power off in a repeated loop.

Mart

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Soft reset gives same error.
Hard reset - I don't get ! after vol down and plugging power in, I only get Nokia logo and vibro power on power off in a repeated loop.

Mart

You have first turn off phone, then when holding vol down, plug charger. Hold vol till ! appears. If Nokia appears it means you left holding vol key .

If you prefer turn back to 8, download Windows Device Recovery Tool

mstabes

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Have tried without success to hard reset. Followed video on Youtube, and my phone just loops with Nokia logo, vibro, wheels and then :-(
Then tried WRT. WRT can't connect to the phone because of the same looping issue. Just says Error - can't find phone.
Is there no way to just blank the phone?

Mart

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Have tried without success to hard reset. Followed video on Youtube, and my phone just loops with Nokia logo, vibro, wheels and then :-(
Then tried WRT. WRT can't connect to the phone because of the same looping issue. Just says Error - can't find phone.
Is there no way to just blank the phone?

Mart

Search with google Nokia Care Suite

I have seen only once before, and on a low end phone... there was server or wifi iussue corrupting files

EDIT: di you select "I cant find phone" ?

EDIT2: some build ago, lumias gone looping when charging. Maybe try restart lumia without charger and only on spinning gearsplug it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte