950xl lost contacts and text message restore problem. How can I get my messages back?

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
950xl lost contacts and text message restore problem

Hi, just been on holiday in my caravan and had very little signal only wifi at the site, I kept getting text messages from people with just the number and not the name. after a few days I realised that my contacts had gone from 100s to about 10.

I decide to reset my phone and restore from backup all my contacts were restored but I have lost all my text messages. I have tried a few times and still no messages just one from Microsoft welcoming me to windows phone 10. as I had a few while away which I had not worked out who they were from I turned on an Lumia 820 that I use and it deleted all the messages and synced with my 950xl so I have just got the one text from Microsoft.

Any ideas how I can get my messages back?

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: 950xl lost contacts and text message restore problem

I am having the same problem on my 950 with the latest insider build. I am getting texts with just numbers and am having to save the numbers back to the contacts. I also believe I have lost some contacts.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

COntacts and Messages works well only if enabled in backgorund, in Battery settings.

Also, go to settings, primary account and check if by check there's a coloured warnig Attention Needed, then tap on it

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Everything seems set ok but still no backup of texts think they have gone for good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs