Why do I have slow charging after upgrading to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Slow charging after upgrading to windows 10.

After upgrading my Lumia 535 Dual SIM (Indian version) to windows following message is displayed whenever I connect charger [original charger that came with phone] to phone;

"Device is charging slowly To speed up charging, use the charger and cable that came with your device."

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
*sarcasm alert*

Slow charging is a value added feature of Windows 10 Mobile. Between substandard USB cables, worn USB plugs, chargers do not outputting standard current, Win 10 Mobile more power hungry soft-wares, immature firm-wares, take your pick. Any or all can be causes of slow charging. We must be grateful to Microsoft for exposing such shady business practices. Not to mention spending more of consumer money on retail market to correct such deficiencies. As I write above, a value adding feature.

*sarcasm off*

Seriously, I would go to Settings, Devices, USB, turn off alert for slow charging. Since upgrading to W10M I've had them with every kind of chargers, cables. I've started not caring if the battery meter shows only charging at a rate of 1.4% an hour, since 15 minutes later it would shows 22.7% charging rate. I just turn off Location Services and Mobile Data while charging. WiFi only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro