App disappear from All Apps Lists

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I have a Lumia 540. Last weekend I updated to wm 10 release (OS build 10.0.10586.164).
I have hard reset the device before update, between update 1 and update 2, after update 2.

Now in addition to the general aggravation of windows 10 and getting to know a new interface, some of my applications are losing their icons, and some of them don't show up at all on the All Apps Lists. If I go to the store, the Apps in question (Microsoft Authenticator in this case) are being shown as installed, and that is the only way I can open the application.

I have tried to soft reset, alas where before the Authenticator application just has no icon, now it is gone from the Lists.
I think the only saving grace for the other application that shares this fate (Office Lens) is the fact that it is pinned to Start Menu.
Both applications are installed on the *PHONE*, not the SD Card.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 540. Last weekend I updated to wm 10 release (OS build 10.0.10586.164).
I have hard reset the device before update, between update 1 and update 2, after update 2.

Now in addition to the general aggravation of windows 10 and getting to know a new interface, some of my applications are losing their icons, and some of them don't show up at all on the All Apps Lists. If I go to the store, the Apps in question (Microsoft Authenticator in this case) are being shown as installed, and that is the only way I can open the application.

I have tried to soft reset, alas where before the Authenticator application just has no icon, now it is gone from the Lists.
I think the only saving grace for the other application that shares this fate (Office Lens) is the fact that it is pinned to Start Menu.
Both applications are installed on the *PHONE*, not the SD Card.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Seems like all apps are still pending on update Store list. Go to Store, hamburger tap, My downloads, Updates, check.

It needed only ONE HR, not 3.... Doing so, your phone hasn't the time to sync everything (my testing on the field and forum users show as a 2 days time for maximum performance reaching)

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Well, last of the set was 4 days ago. And it was 3 reset one after the other. No wait, just reset, update wm 10 (1st step), reset, update wm 10 (2nd step), reset, let the phone do its thing overnight. In the morning open the store, check failed update, restart update.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have observed this issue on my Lumia 830. I had hard-reset my device yesterday. Then again started with fresh installation. After installing 8-10 apps, I noticed error with some app which prompted me to install app on phone and not on external card. Then from "Storage" Setting I moved all apps from card to Phone. But for all apps which I moved, icon was not displayed. Only colored square was displayed. So I uninstalled all apps with no icons and installed again.
Then I noticed that Amazon app was missing. Earlier this app was also installed on card. After moving to phone, this app is not displayed in App list. But in Store I can see app installed, and also open app from there.
Any solution to issue? I havent tried to SysApp pusher yet.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have observed this issue on my Lumia 830. I had hard-reset my device yesterday. Then again started with fresh installation. After installing 8-10 apps, I noticed error with some app which prompted me to install app on phone and not on external card. Then from "Storage" Setting I moved all apps from card to Phone. But for all apps which I moved, icon was not displayed. Only colored square was displayed. So I uninstalled all apps with no icons and installed again.
Then I noticed that Amazon app was missing. Earlier this app was also installed on card. After moving to phone, this app is not displayed in App list. But in Store I can see app installed, and also open app from there.
Any solution to issue? I havent tried to SysApp pusher yet.

SysApp, uninstall then re install from there

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
SysApp, uninstall then re install from there
I tried SysApp Pusher, but it was not displaying app (Amazon) for which I was having issue.
So I tried going through Storage > Phone > Apps and Games. It was displaying app, and also had option to uninstall app. I uninstalled from there, and then installed app again from Store. Then app was listed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss