Why Microsoft make unapproved changes to my computer?

steve251

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I recently built a new desktop for one of the users of a local accountants in London preferring to keep the user on a local account (see my post on Local v Microsoft Accounts).

I installed several programs to the desktop, printers, network drives all the usual stuff and of course transferred her data from her old machine across.

During the day I rebooted the machine several times and left the user working happily away in the evening.

When she came in the next morning and turned on her machine her name was no longer visible and the only two options on the screen were my own admin login and a new Microsoft Account with her bosses email address. I assume it picked this up from the Office 2016 installation.

Firstly I am baffled as to why this changed and secondly I am annoyed that Microsoft interfered with the computer. It could have prevented that user working that day if I had not been around to resolve it which i did quite quickly remotely

So my question to Microsoft if anyone is reading this is "What gives you the right to interfere with my clients computer and change their login?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently built a new desktop for one of the users of a local accountants in London preferring to keep the user on a local account (see my post on Local v Microsoft Accounts).

I installed several programs to the desktop, printers, network drives all the usual stuff and of course transferred her data from her old machine across.

During the day I rebooted the machine several times and left the user working happily away in the evening.

When she came in the next morning and turned on her machine her name was no longer visible and the only two options on the screen were my own admin login and a new Microsoft Account with her bosses email address. I assume it picked this up from the Office 2016 installation.

Firstly I am baffled as to why this changed and secondly I am annoyed that Microsoft interfered with the computer. It could have prevented that user working that day if I had not been around to resolve it which i did quite quickly remotely

So my question to Microsoft if anyone is reading this is "What gives you the right to interfere with my clients computer and change their login?

Never heard, red and seen before on IT forums, IMHO seems a incomplete 3rd part installation (she uses a Office copy given by her boss?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donretzt