Can't find setting for OTA app updates

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a Lumia 950 Build: 10.0.10586.107 Firmware: 01078.00017.15454.29031

I have been having issues getting apps to update OTA. My router died and I am waiting on the new one to come in so no WIFI currently. None of my apps will upgrade OTA. I originally thought it was the cap on the cellular data for OTA updates, but I can not find the setting for it. WP8.1 had it in the store settings, but I do not see anything there in W10M. I know there was talk of one of the releases for W10M to have no cap. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Update your phone with a new Firmware as it seems you still rockin' stock and update to .164 build, it is the best build so far.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a Lumia 950 Build: 10.0.10586.107 Firmware: 01078.00017.15454.29031

I have been having issues getting apps to update OTA. My router died and I am waiting on the new one to come in so no WIFI currently. None of my apps will upgrade OTA. I originally thought it was the cap on the cellular data for OTA updates, but I can not find the setting for it. WP8.1 had it in the store settings, but I do not see anything there in W10M. I know there was talk of one of the releases for W10M to have no cap. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

WiFi Apps Auto Update in Wifi is in Store settings, but I don't know if disabling allow manual updates via carrier

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
so frustrated with this phone. I can not even update the OS. stuck at 0% So no app updates and no OS updates. It is slowly becoming unusable as most apps wont load unless running the most up to date....

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
so frustrated with this phone. I can not even update the OS. stuck at 0% So no app updates and no OS updates. It is slowly becoming unusable as most apps wont load unless running the most up to date....

Sorry for you, no system and firmware updates without wifi for now. You could try with a second phone acting like an hotspot using your sim.
There's the "Use only wifi update" in Store, but I don't believe it forces carrier data.
For primary core apps updating, I suggest the free wifi areas, always useful in case of necessity

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I just tried on wifi and its a no go. still nothing. Been sitting at zero for awhile.

no update.jpg

Attachments

• no update.jpg
    no update.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
tried soft reset. no go.

I bit the bullet and did a full factory reset last night and the phone is doing great. It isn't overheating as bad and seems 3 times more responsive. All updates are coming through now. The keyboard lag seems to have gone away, or at least its not a noticeable. We will see how the battery does now. The last few days the battery would actually drain while being charged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes