SIM 2 icon

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
No, and I agree it's annoying. I'm also not a fan of the little "1" that appears beside the messaging and phone icons on the tiles - at a glance, I always think it's telling me I have one new SMS or call. If you one have one sim installed, it should not show the number at all.

shenandoah

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
This is nothing unusual on a dual sim phone. Yes, you'll have two sim icons up at the top, showing network status. If you are only using one sim, you can remove/unpin the 2nd sim phone and message icon from the start screen. I'm currently using a dual sim Lumia 640 with two sims. Not really a problem to distinguish between the two different phone/messages.

Eric

andreqms

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I also agree the phone should behave as a single SIM if the other one is not being used. I think they did that so people would know you can use one more SIM - yeah, most people think they know how to use phones, but they don't. Or they simply forgot about offering a 'hide' feature.

BUT you can open one of the Phone and Messaging apps, touch ... and then 'Link tiles', so you will not see a number 1 floating near both icons. Hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte