Hi all,
    My nephews Asus Laptop, which shipped with W10, got infected with malware, so I decided the best way to get rid of this was to use W10's own restart/restore tool

I chose the belt and braces option of "Restore to factory default and Remove Everything" (the last option)

Only thing is this reverted the laptop to 8.1 which i wasn't expecting!!

So my question is, to save as much time as possible and have the cleanest possible install of w10, what should i do?
    1) Do i actually have to upgrade the machine to w10 first, and then select the "Remove everything" option?
    2) Can i use a boot DVD at this stage and install w10? (will this method format the disk?)

Ideally i'd like a proper format of the disk, (although not completely necessary if either "remove everything" or "restore factory defaults" does do a format???)

Thanks in advance
    04-27-2016 04:24 PM
    Hi all,
    My nephews Asus Laptop, which shipped with W10, got infected with malware, so I decided the best way to get rid of this was to use W10's own restart/restore tool

I chose the belt and braces option of "Restore to factory default and Remove Everything" (the last option)

Only thing is this reverted the laptop to 8.1 which i wasn't expecting!!

So my question is, to save as much time as possible and have the cleanest possible install of w10, what should i do?
    1) Do i actually have to upgrade the machine to w10 first, and then select the "Remove everything" option?
    2) Can i use a boot DVD at this stage and install w10? (will this method format the disk?)

Ideally i'd like a proper format of the disk, (although not completely necessary if either "remove everything" or "restore factory defaults" does do a format???)

Thanks in advance
    if you're sure you don't want windows 8.1, then do the official upgrade, after upgrade is complete, do a disk cleanup and remove old installation files. Note that this will remove the installation files for 8.1 completely. Once that is done, you can do a reset

Or, after upgrading, just leave it as it is and be careful about which sites you visit and what you click on
    05-06-2016 06:06 AM