Edge mobile - flickering screen?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
On Edge Mobile on my Lumia 640, every few searches my screen breaks up into a grid of squares with icons that are on the webpage and just flickers as I try to scroll. It's gotten to the point that using Edge is becoming pointless. Has anyone ever seen this, or does anyone know what I've done to cause it?

Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
On Edge Mobile on my Lumia 640, every few searches my screen breaks up into a grid of squares with icons that are on the webpage and just flickers as I try to scroll. It's gotten to the point that using Edge is becoming pointless. Has anyone ever seen this, or does anyone know what I've done to cause it?

Thanks!

are you on insider program?
Also, does it happen when edge is in desktop or mobile mode or both?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
are you on insider program?
Also, does it happen when edge is in desktop or mobile mode or both?
No insider program. Full 10.
It happens definitely on Mobile mode. Starting today with desktop mode to see if it happens. I used to remember this on insider preview on my Lumia 925 though.

eballack

May 4, 2016
Visit site
On 640 xl same thing happens to me. It's painful to use. It doesn't happen like few a days and then it start flickering like crazy.After restarting my phone it works also nicely for 2 days.. I also performed a hard reset but it also didn't help.
No insider

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I've now also begun to see this happening in OneDrive and OneNote. Basically it looks like this affects Microsoft's apps. Which is a large part of why I use Windows Phone to begin with; the seamless integration of OneNote and OneDrive across phone/tablet/laptop/desktop. So the phone, where I spend half my time if not more, having these problems in the platforms own apps is problematic. And it's not just the 640/640XL. I had the Lumia 925 on the insider preview and this was the only problem with the same apps. I imagined it was a preview issue. Clearly not.

eballack

May 4, 2016
Visit site
It's not only Edge I also noticed some other apps do the similar crazy things(one note,fenice for twitter) something is wrong with that. L640XL LTE. No insider.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not only Edge I also noticed some other apps do the similar crazy things(one note,fenice for twitter) something is wrong with that. L640XL LTE. No insider.
Yeah, I've seen it in OneNote, OneDrive, and there are other people who have mentioned it in the feedback app. They're just not listening because how the heck is that not a MAJOR problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon