Any good data usage apps?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Annoyingly, since the last cumulative update the baked in data usage system has broken badly. The per app data seems right, but it generates whatever figure it feels like for the tile. Also, trying to turn on data restriction when nearing the limit or restrict background data whilst roaming crashes the settings app. So, the data gathered is fine but the app is awful. Thing is, I can't rely on my provider's figure as it lags behind by an indeterminate number of days and their app doesn't have a live tile.

So, I need to find an app that reads my phone's internal data usage for my mobile connection (not my wifi) and displays the remainder for my billing period on the tile. It would be handy if it activated the restrict data usage when nearing my limit feature, but an accurate tile readout linked to my billing period is the most important feature.

Please advise, as every app I've found so far has been pretty rubbish. Thanks for your help pals!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
nope, if it is a crucial feature for you, reverting to 8.1 is the only option, unless some wise forum member knows of a better app, I doubt there is any that can tap that deep into the OS

I've summited feedback about this issue and 3-4 cumulatives later still no solution, my counter sits at 0% usage all the time, it only shows the days left, going back and forth on the settings it used to work after several attempts, but now it doesn't matter how many times you try, I heard if you have airplane mode it stops working too(like it ever worked huh)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what app if any does that.

I would check with the carrier every couple days or hard reset until Data Usage works.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It is possible, I have found 3rd party apps such as 'Network Usage' which can read the data the phone collects (which per app seems accurate enough). That app proves the concept, but it is pretty bloody awful and takes no account of billing period so is not useful itself. Also, it is ad supported with no paid option.

So, it is possible. Just that I can't find a decent one... yet? Anyone out there with sharper eyes than the rest of us?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
It is possible, I have found 3rd party apps such as 'Network Usage' which can read the data the phone collects (which per app seems accurate enough). That app proves the concept, but it is pretty bloody awful and takes no account of billing period so is not useful itself. Also, it is ad supported with no paid option.

So, it is possible. Just that I can't find a decent one... yet? Anyone out there with sharper eyes than the rest of us?

There is a paid app 'Network Data ' which offers a free trial.I personally use 'My Vodafone' app since it gives me accurate information though it does not have a live tile.I too have the same problems as you with 'Data Usage' on Windows 10 Mobile and in addition it shows data usage information for a Sim 2 on my dual sim phone when I use only one sim.
I also found another app 'Data Counter'.
Of course you might already have tried these .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes