How to help improve the win10 mobile situation

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually if MS would just run a proper ad campaign on the virtues of W10M, things would improve. I've quit counting the number of times people see my phone and say "Windows Phone? I didn't even know they existed, I've never seen an ad for one."

As for my definition of a "proper ad campaign", a series of ads that show the features of the operating system (mini tutorials), and how it ties into Windows 10 desktop (syncing contacts, calendar, OneNote, messaging, etc.).

Also DON'T do any comparisons to Apple, and Android. Personally I find that "cheezy" and desperate. Just show the features and let the viewer decide if it's right for them.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still think it is weird to be a cheerleader for a huge company like Microsoft. I will buy products that I find useful for my life, but it is hard to justify throwing money at a company just so they can continue to take my money. I also no longer have it in me to try and get people to buy another Windows Phone. I got my family to be on the Windows Phone ship for a long time. Overtime I just became disheartened by lack of development and hearing complaints about phones not working.

My wife's last phone before upgrading to an iPhone was a 1020. It seemed everyday that stuff just didn't work on it. The camera which was supposed to be its best feature took blurry photos from too slow of a shutter speed and a delay before when the button was pressed and the picture was taken. It made it impossible to get pictures from strangers. The battery died all the time. The app situation was annoying. First there was no pinterest app when pinterest was big. Then the same thing with instagram. Then 6tag wouldn't work the way it was supposed to or it would charge money to get features that didn't work right. Then snapchat didn't exist. All the while the facebook app sucked. I kind of felt like every flaw and complaint was my fault for talking her into getting a Windows Phone. So I just have no interest in convincing people to choose a particular tech anymore.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
It sure sounds like CrackBerry in here!

I enjoyed my 640 enough to spring for a 640xl, and I picked up a 1520 for my wife, who loves it.

But I do get frustrated with some of the apps, such as Kindle and YouVersion, that are barebones compared to other platforms.

Being also a bb10 victim, I'm very familiar with the drama in this and many other threads. And I do have an android phone that I use when I need everything working. But I'd love to see W10M get some traction. On the whole I like the experience. But apart from keeping a couple of W10M phones on the grid, I'm not doing anything else to "support" the platform.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Sunil Kumar Swain

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I own a Lumia 1520 with w10 and I like the user interface. And am seeing a lot of changes every day specially the store. I see new things coming in and making of the UWP seems a reality. Just hope that they continue to develop the platform even though users are scarce. Don't like android and not really an iOS fan though my wife owns an iPhone 6.

dodi779

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
MS is still all about US. maybe that is the change they would need. to make it elsewhere, they need to give us more simply...

1. skype, betas or any kind of new stuff comes 1st in US. rest of the world?!?....
2. xbox one, I hope I dont need to tell the hundreds and hundreds of things you can do in the US, leaving a lot of countries out of the GAME
3. cortana, does cortana speak any other language than english? is it even supported in any other country? canada and a couple more i guess. it is still not working in most countries in mother tounge, probably won't even ever.
4. events or any kind of simple contests to win whatever game or hardware, everything is within US.

although there have been made a lot of improvements, we are never treated with the same respect, it's like our money isn't the same as in US.

probably the sales numbers are better, probably people spend more in the US on MS stuff. Anyhow I'm pretty sure, and confident that for example the revenue in the EU is significant enough to get more attention and start to work on things.

It would require a lot more efforts, to get things done in the EU, with all the different countries, they would face different legal issues. With all the different languages, they would need to face a lot more issues.

At the end of the Day, I'm still confident, that there is a lot of money "on the floor". MS can invest, they are investing a lot on other fields, this one has to be picked up the sooner the better!

schlubadub

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just buy from eBay or Amazon and get it sent to you? I always order stuff from the US and get it sent to me, as it's usually a lot cheaper than I can buy locally... or impossible to find locally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes