Problem with Outlook Mail account setup, any help?

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Problem with Outlook Mail account setup

When I got my Lumia 930 I set up my primary Gmail account in the Mail app. When I upgraded to WM10, Outlook Mail works fine with Gmail. Then I noticed that it wasn't downloading my Outlook mail from my Live account. So I went into Manage Accounts to set it up. After entering my live.co.uk email address and password, I got a message "Your account was set up successfully". I clicked Done and found that the account wasn't shown. Only the Gmail account is listed. No matter how many times I've tried to set it up, I get the same result. Has anyone any idea as to what might be going wrong?

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Problem with Outlook Mail account setup

This morning, when I checked, there were no updates available. By coincidence, when I checked a little while ago, there was an update for Outlook Mail and Calendar. So I installed it and tried again. Got the same result. It said it had set up the account but still it only listed the Gmail account. Thanks for replying, anyway.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Try to find the account in settings, accounts, email & app accounts. If its listed there, delete it and try recreating it. Restart your phone before adding it back in.

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

I went into Settings, Accounts, Your email and accounts, and under Email, calendar and contacts, I see two accounts listed: my live.co.uk acount shown as an Outlook account, and my gmail account. How do I delete the Outlook account? I tried long-pressing the account in the list but nothing happens. If I just single-press it, I get the option to Manage the account but that only gives me the option to Change mailbox sync settings, or Change account settings. I went into both of these but didn't see an option to delete the account.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

When you click manage, you should see two links. One to change the settings and below that "delete account". Not sure why your not seeing the delete link. You may have to reset your device.

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

"Click Manage"? You mean back in the Outlook Mail account? Yes, I see that for the Gmail account, as that one was added OK. But I can't even add the Live account, so it doesn't appear there. And so there's no Delete account option.

Right now, I don't have time to reset the phone and set it all up again.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

No, from the settings, accounts..... a short press should give you a "manage" button.

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Oh, I see. No, I've just got the two options: "Change mailbox sync settngs" and "Change account settings". I wonder if it makes any difference that it's my main sign-on email to my Windows account.

Matt Redstone

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
lumia 640..i have the same issue. under settings >email and accounts my outlook account is there. tap to get the manage button. manage offers only two options: change sync settings or change account settings. There is no option to delete. its almost like the phone doesn't recognize the account is there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2