Why isn't Cortana working, it just keeps saying, something went wrong, try in a little bit?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

cortana is not working, it just keeps saying, something went wrong, try in a little bit

cortana hasn't been working properly, it says, something went wrong, try later, and i've notice that it says not connected to the internet or offline, or cortana says it can't connect!!!! also it says, go ahead and tell me to do something. interests aren;t availiable at the moment, what do i do to fix this problem, thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: cortana is not working, it just keeps saying, something went wrong, try in a little bit

cortana hasn't been working properly, it says, something went wrong, try later, and i've notice that it says not connected to the internet or offline, or cortana says it can't connect!!!! also it says, go ahead and tell me to do something. interests aren;t availiable at the moment, what do i do to fix this problem, thanks

what OS version are you on? And which device?
Have you tried a soft reset (restart)? Or setting up Cortana again?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: cortana is not working, it just keeps saying, something went wrong, try in a little bit

Yes i too have these problems. Mainly when internet is not working properly. Cortana does not work without internet (like set reminder, calling someone or anything) Using windows 10 with lumia 640xl and latest (non insider) updates.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Cortana in the UK is a complete car crash. I am getting really peeved with it. I get reminders 12 hours after they were due, if I get them at all. Todays one was 5 hours late!! She still won't track a flight. It will be displayed as an interest, but when you leave Cortana home page, it disappears yet is still in note book. Nothing is displayed on the live tile, which stops responding shortly after you sign out and then sign in, no notifications of changes of status to anything you are tracking or goals in a footy match etc. It reads texts aloud fine, and that is it. Interests are only displayed on live tile, if it does work, providing you select head line news. Arrggghhhh why oh why. On 8.1 it was amazing. It's what drew me to WP.

I have tried on TH and RS, same old. I HAVE reported this over 30 times now, and it's getting old. Yes, I can change to USA region etc, but with a thick South London accent it struggles init bruv....

What the hell have they done? It's driving me crackers!!

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

here it's for some stuff a no go and other stuff just goes fine... launching music for example is a no go always while reminders are working fine (and reminding me at the correct moment)

I've only enabled Cortana yesterday though after reading that region has been unlocked. So I'm set to Belgium/English US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon