Cumulative Update for Windows 10 does not work. What do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 does not work.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163018). This does not work. I constantly get an error message so my windows updates just never happens. What do I do?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hi. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 does not work.

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163018). This does not work. I constantly get an error message so my windows updates just never happens. What do I do?

check that there is enough disk space for the installation - run disk cleanup and remove temporary installation files and try again

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Copenman

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Most of the problems are due to Windows firewall being turned off.

Open services by typing in services.msc in Run,right click Windows firewall service and set it to automatic.Start it if it is stopped

Make sure the service named security center should also be the same.

Go to windows update and retry the install. :excited:

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing with my 32-bit Acer Iconia tablet. It downloads the update, applies it, I restart, it gets to 18% and then restarts and undoes the changes.

There's 12.3 GB free on the system drive C: and 51.0 GB free on the micro-SD drive D:. How much space is needed for this update?

And the Windows Firewall and Security Center services are both running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon