I was trying to search for one of my contacts from the start search but nothing came up. Are contacts stored in the people app indexed? I thought this would be working

I went to the people app and again just typing the name does nothing. I have to click in the search box and then type.

Windows 10 on pc, 10586.420
    07-10-2016 01:30 AM
    I was trying to search for one of my contacts from the start search but nothing came up. Are contacts stored in the people app indexed? I thought this would be working

I went to the people app and again just typing the name does nothing. I have to click in the search box and then type.

Windows 10 on pc, 10586.420
    IMHO, Contacts on desktop is still a primitive app like Messages after they removed Messages everywhere >.<
    07-10-2016 04:19 AM
    One of the things I used to love about Blackberry, universal search. Just start typing a contacts name and their info would appear on the home screen.
    07-10-2016 07:14 AM
    One of the things I used to love about Blackberry, universal search. Just start typing a contacts name and their info would appear on the home screen.
    this is pc I'm talking about though.

If I press the windows key to bring up start and then start typing - I get results almost immediately on files, apps and folders - but not things like contacts or messages. So this can be an area for improvement, right?
    07-10-2016 08:51 AM
    this is pc I'm talking about though.

If I press the windows key to bring up start and then start typing - I get results almost immediately on files, apps and folders - but not things like contacts or messages. So this can be an area for improvement, right?
    Absolutely. Universal search is about scouring your pc/smartphone for data (contact information, an email you sent to someone last week) as well as Google/Bing (weather, data, etc.). It's about making things convenient to find.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-10-2016 09:30 AM