How do I install Win 10 on the Lumia 640?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to install win 10 to lumia 640

I tried to upgrade my phone to win 10 but i cant because i just cant download insider or any apps like that .

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to install win 10 to lumia 640

You can't, or don't want to?

If you don't want to, that's the only way to get Windows 10 on the 640 right now, unless you wait for your provider to send the update over the air.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Did you sign in to or create a Microsoft account for your phone?
If not, you won't be able to download ANY app from the store. You have to be logged in to get an app.

If you don't want to use an existing account, create a new one and use it specifically for your phone.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

How weird!

Is your phone region set to outside the US?
If so, try changing it to the US, restart the phone and then try to download again.

I've never had that happen with the Insider app, but I've seen it with apps restricted to other countries; by changing my phone location I can see apps restricted to the country I set it to.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Are you on wifi? If not, connect to the store via wifi or vice-versa and try again.

If that fails, did you try to reset the phone (hold volume down + power button at the same time -- will reset your phone and you will lose data, so use as a last resort).

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Fresh OS installation. Anytime you upgrade, always expect data loss.. that way, if something goes wrong you don't launch your phone out the window and you'll be pleasantly surprised if everything goes as planned. :smile:

Here's some more info:
How to soft- and hard reset your Windows Phone - Microsoft Community

Try the 'soft' method first (if you haven't already); if that fails, then move onto hard reset. Make sure it's fully charged before you do this, just to eliminate the possibility of other things going wrong.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I tried to upgrade my phone to win 10 but i cant because i just cant download insider or any apps like that .

No i can't because whenever i want to download any app helping me do so i am just not able to.

jut to be clear - to get the official windows 10 mobile upgrade, you need to download upgrade advisor app and install it - run it and check with us what happens

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Are you sure your phone is a 640, maybe it is a 630?
If it is a 640 you should not be seeing such a message as the 640 is can upgrade to Windows 10.

Go to settings -> in the search box, start typing About and you should see the about setting appear beneath the search box. Click it.

Under Device Information, does it say Microsoft Lumia 640?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon