Messaging

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does this app do on Windows 10? It is baked into the non insider version of AU, so assumed it would have some use. Just can't figure it out!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It along with the "Phone" app and the "Skype Video" app was to become a new way to interact with Skype and other forms of telephony like phone calls and SMS messages, but for some reason MS/Skype have done another 180 U-turn and now the intend to have at some time in the future SMS messages that come to your phone show up in Skype along with IM's and be send-able from there as well (Just like Cortana can send an SMS at the moment).

They took Skype Video off but for some reason left the now non functioning Phone and Messaging app's behind with no current functions.

At least they finally after more than a year of utter desperation have brought out a universal Skype app that as far as I can see actually works, and with luck this will show up on the phone and Xbox One soon........................

And pigs may fly and Skype will eventually roll out SMS and phone connectivity (Yes there is a hint of cynicism in that comment)

Edit: Maybe MS have left the apps as a "Sword of Damocles" hanging over Skype as a "If you don't get your finger out and actually get moving we reserve the right to dump you and get on with it ourselves"

Of course I could be wrong :smile:

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I thought Skype Preview would be replacing this (again), but was surprised to see they still left the app sitting there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk