No option to "run" download. Only save and save as...
    Can't see what speed my downloads are downloading at...
    Cannot configure pop-up blocker and even though pop up blocker is on, I still get pop-ups

I was willing to live with these... But when I accidently clicked the "always close all tabs when exiting" and realized that there is no way to undo it... I was fed up.

Really Microsoft? Something as simple as that you cannot add? In order to undo this effect you have to make changes in the registry (which i'm fine with making) but what about the average end user who cannot do this?

This is ridiculous.

/end rant
    08-08-2016 12:56 PM
    this is on threshold or anniversary update?
    08-08-2016 11:41 PM
    But.. Performance is way better than other browsers.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-08-2016 11:51 PM
    But.. Performance is way better than other browsers.
    um not really....you are using other browser with a ton of extension, if you check vanilla versions or with one or two extension, they are also same and chrome will have better render than edge!

The only thing edge does well i ram usage and battery drain in laptops but it looses that adv over functionality and stability issues!
    Scotty_doesknow likes this.
    08-09-2016 12:23 AM
    um not really....you are using other browser with a ton of extension, if you check vanilla versions or with one or two extension, they are also same and chrome will have better render than edge!

The only thing edge does well i ram usage and battery drain in laptops but it looses that adv over functionality and stability issues!
    well, the nice thing is that edge gets regular monthly updates and at the moment we can say it's still a work in progress. It's been a year since it came out
    rkrams likes this.
    08-09-2016 08:25 AM
    this is on threshold or anniversary update?
    au
    08-09-2016 05:16 PM
    It is quite amazing how a huge company like MS have been unable to get a browser working without significant errors - the first release was terrible and even now there are problems with the settings not working satisfactorily - eg for me opening a new tab has Edge try to load msn.com even though the settings are for a blank page. Possibly there is a workaround but after 30 years with some sort of MS operating system I am getting alittle tired of spending real time compensating for poor software.
    08-09-2016 05:18 PM
    Just gave Edge another chance after getting the AU.

My god.

It can't even import my bookmarks from Firefox, and trying to watch a Twitch VOD exposed an embarrassing memory leak where the browser was soon using up 2GB of RAM just for that single tab.
    08-09-2016 11:25 PM

In my 1GHz PC, Edge opens in 1-2 seconds, Chrome takes 7-10 seconds!
    From my experience, Edge without Adblock extension was faster than chrome with Adblock!
    raycpl and Chintan Gohel like this.
    08-10-2016 12:03 AM
    In addition to this. I'm noticing that Post AU when searching with Cortana it opens IE, even though edge is set to default browser.

Great job Microsoft. lol
    08-12-2016 04:36 AM
    In addition to this. I'm noticing that Post AU when searching with Cortana it opens IE, even though edge is set to default browser.

Great job Microsoft. lol
    yours is the second time I'm seeing this issue in the forums - seems like a bug for now. Are there settings for search? Like making an app the default?
    08-15-2016 02:57 AM
    yours is the second time I'm seeing this issue in the forums - seems like a bug for now. Are there settings for search? Like making an app the default?
    Nope. seems to be a bug. saw others posting about it in the feedback hub
    08-15-2016 03:23 AM
    Well Edge was designed to work on websites using new technologies (HTML5) and that's why they have an option on the menu to open website in IE. IE was left in Windows 10 to open legacy websites (using Flash and Java).
    08-15-2016 07:11 AM
    Extensions don't work in inprivate mode.
    08-17-2016 02:27 AM